Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all!

Ok so i have been working for an agency temping at a company since October 2011.

I am on non-salaried employment, but am looking to apply for my wifes spouse visa under Cat A. My total salary over the past 26 weeks was £10,329, with the lowest weekly salary £391.72, so i believe i qualify under Cat A.

However my last P60 has a total salary tax year to 5 April 20113 at £15,883.

The reason for this is when i have taken holidays or bank holidays i dont get paid. When i found out this could hinder my visa chance i decided to work solidly with no bank holidays or holidays off since 8th Feb.

SO my question is will it be still ok for me to apply under Cat A sending my last 26 weekly payslips (which shows i earn enough), even though i had a lower salary for the last tax year?

Hope it makes sense!

·
Registered
39,079 Posts
Yes, but this is a grey area.
You should attach a note explaining why your P60 shows lower figure, and how your average pay during the last 6 months exceeds the requirement.
Hope this will be sufficient, but I have come across inconsistencies in how ECOs implement the rule.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Would i be right in saying that the P60 should be included if its covered in the pay period?

So if i waited 2 more weeks for example, the 6 months worth of pay slips will be in this financial year, and so the P60 dated the 5th April for the last financial year will be irrelevant?

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thought so, i have just been studying up on all the fine print in the appendix etc, and thats what i took it to mean.

I think i will give it two weeks and then have 6 clear months of full weekly wage AFTER the 5th April and not submit a P60 to ensure there is no confusion.

My employment letter from my agency will clarify my length of service and hourly wage.

Many thanks Joppa!!!!!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.