Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just overthinking this again probably, but a really quick question - My husband has 2 P60s. One from a previous job during the 12-13 tax year and then 1 from his current position that started in March. Do we include both or just the one from the company that we are using for the financial requirement? I know we must include the note stating that the p60 doesn't fully reflect the earnings that we are using for the requirement, but just needed clarification on which ones to send.

Thank you in advance for the replies.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Will you mind if I ask my own question regarding P60?

My husband changed his job in August and we are waiting for six months to apply for spouse visa under Cat A. However, at the time of application he will not have the P60 from this job yet. Could you please advise what consequences it will have and what to do?
Thank you and sorry for jumping in.

·
Registered
39,105 Posts
Will you mind if I ask my own question regarding P60?

My husband changed his job in August and we are waiting for six months to apply for spouse visa under Cat A. However, at the time of application he will not have the P60 from this job yet. Could you please advise what consequences it will have and what to do?
Thank you and sorry for jumping in.
If you don't have P60 from his current job at the point of application, that's fine but you should attach a note explaining why.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Another quick question. When we add a note to important things like the P60 not reflecting the real amount that we are using, where do we stick that note? On a sticky or on a paper in front of the P60? I just dont want them to overlook my note stating that the p60 is not to be used etc.
Thanks!

·
Registered
39,105 Posts
Don't use post-it note! Someone used it but apparently ECO didn't see it (dropped off?) and refused the visa!
So write a letter on A4, and attach to P60 with a secure clip or staple it. And write on P60 with a pencil, 'See attached letter.'

·
Registered
638 Posts
Oh jeez! Sorry about that advice. Let's hope mine stayed attached!

That is concerning that they request all this proof of earnings and duration yet discard everything because of one document. If the employment letter clearly states start date was mid-financial year that's really unfair!

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thanks folks. It is pretty scary when you know evidence that is a requirement doesnt reflect exactly what they need, but the rest of the proof does. Hate submitting something that doesnt even have a full months work on it. However, hopefully with the letter they will see the reason why. Thanks a million for the help!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.