Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Please help me Joppa,Nyclon or any other ..

1)Sponsor's indefinite leave to enter will expire on 09 September 2016, UK Spouse visa can be applied how many months before the expiration of Sponsor's indefinite leave to enter ?
2) Sponsor got the P60 (annual) from 01 April 2014 to 30 April 2015 and 6 months Bank statement will be from March 2015 to September 2015,the applicant will apply on 1st week of October. Is the above P60 and bank statement is OK ?
3)In UK, Sponsor is staying in the rented house with her married sister family,kind of shared house.Is it allow later on by law to accompany the applicant in the shared house,what is accommodation requirements for uk spouse visa?

·
Registered
39,105 Posts
#1 What do you mean? Once the sponsor enters UK with her visa, indefinite leave will be confirmed and your sponsor won't lose it, unless she stays away from UK for more than 2 years. Or are you describing some other scenarios?
#2 P60 only covers part of the period being submitted. UKVI should be able to see that, but just in case they don't, staple a note to P60 pointing this out.
#3 Yes, provided the place won't be overcrowded. She should get property inspection report.

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Joppa thanks for you prompt reply

Actual scenarios is , Sponsor(Wife) is in UK since 2009 on indefinite leave to enter and she is doing full time job in UK since 2009 till present, her indefinite leave to enter will expire on 09 September 2016... here i would like to know i (applicant) would like to apply for UK Spouse visa. So Applicant is allow to apply how many months before the expiration of Sponsor's(wife) indefinite leave to enter ?

·
Registered
39,105 Posts
How come her indefinite leave to enter (or remain) expires next year? By definition ILE or ILR allows you to stay in UK without any time limit.

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Status of Sponsor(her) indefinite leave to enter(ILE) is :
Issue date : September 2009
Expiry date : September 2016.

·
Registered
39,105 Posts
Are you talking about her BRP? It has to be replaced every 10 years with new photo. Also, because of EU requirement about next generation of encryption technology, some BRPs have restricted validity and have to be renewed. Remember it's only about BRP. Her ILR is still valid indefinitely.
So to answer your original question, the EEA sponsor should renew her BRP before you apply for spouse visa.

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
she is already having valid indefinite leave to enter(expire on 09 September 2016) so i guess she doesn't require BRP(biometric residence permit) right ?
Query:
1) How many months before she suppose to renew her indefinite leave to enter(ILE) prior to expiry ?
2) Does Indefinite Leave to Enter(ILE) carries the same entitlement as “Indefinite Leave to Remain” (ILR) ?
3) Sponsor got the P60 (annual) total amount £18030 from 01 April 2014 to 30 April 2015, so we are planning not to show P60 of last year that shows amount less then £18600/- and will show only 6 months Bank statement from December 2014 to June 2015 because during this 6 months the minimum monthly salary was around £1780/-Is this OK ?

·
Registered
77 Posts
I think the confusion here is you keep saying "ILR will expire". Indefinite leave to remain does not expire it is "indefinite" which means forever. The only way you can lose it is if you leave the UK for 2 years. So unless your wife has left the UK for 2 years her indefinite leave to remain can't expire, it is just the card that needs replacing.

Does she have indefinite leave to remain? Or is she on some other kind of visa? Because if it does expire then it is not ILR.

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
thanks Meepmeepy for your prompt reply,

i cross checked with the sponsor and she said if the visa is issued from outside of UK then its call ILE and if it is issued from within UK then its call ILR and as of now she is having ILE.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.