Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
423 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Overtime Question - Category B

Hi All -

My fiance and I are planning to apply for our spouse visa sometime in September. The main reason we are waiting is due to the financial requirement. We will be applying under Category B as his pay rate has gone up over the last 6 months and don't want them using his lowest pay stub. He is only 360 pounds short of the requirement. The original plan was for him to get a second job to make up for the shortfall and to show that he would currently be making 18,600 at the time of application (to meet both parts of cat b). He found out this morning that his employer is going to be offering a bunch of overtime over the next few months, which will put him over the threshold for meeting the first part of category B. He will still need a second job if he doesn't get a raise between now and when we apply just to show that he meets the second part of the category.

My question is I wasn't sure how the overtime would be calculated. Will they just take all 12 pay stubs (some with overtime, some without) and just add them all together and make sure it comes out to 18,600 or above? I just want to make sure that we are calculating this properly and not wait until last minute to find out we were wrong all along.

I would really appreciate any information on this. Thank you!

·
Registered
423 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I thought of an additional question to the one above. Once we get closer to making application and he gets his second job to meet the second part of category B showing that he would currently be earning 18,600, would he need actual pay stubs from that job? Or just a letter stating he makes xxx per year? He would have already met the first part of earning the required amount in the last 12 months, but I was unsure if he would need to provide an actual pay slip from the second job or not? Any info on this would also be great. Thanks again in advance.

·
Registered
423 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I know that all the mods answer things in their spare time, but was just trying to bump this up to see if anyone else on here can answer any of the above questions for me just so we have a better understanding of what we are looking at.

Thanks!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.