Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi i have a question that one of my friend who overstayed her visa and want to leave voluntarily .what would happened in future if she want to come back uk .how about if she marry to british husband while at back home and how likely they issued her spouse visa .

Thanks

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
It depends n how long she's overstayed and how apologetic she is. Often with overstayers, they have trouble applying for new visas and can face a 10 year ban. So I would say if she applies for a spouse visa, she's unlikely to get it.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
any one else can tell the outcome of voluntarily exit would make her easy to come back again on spouse visa

·
Registered
39,105 Posts
Better than being deported or forcibly removed, but any overstay must be declared and it's up to UKVI to decide whether to approve a visa or not. Can't generalise as personal circumstances differ. What is true is they are trying to cut immigration and they are getting much tougher with immigration offenders.

·
Registered
29 Posts
I was informed by an immigration officer in March when we were denied entry into the UK as they felt I was not going to be visiting for two weeks, but living there..that if I was to be removed at the UKs cost, I would have to pay back all flights (at first class pricing) and fees before even considering a visa back into the country. That it always looks better to leave willingly and on my own finances. Not sure how true this is, or if it was just a tactic/comment on the immigration officers end.
I wasn't an over stayer, however we were denied a visa last year as I applied from within the UK and did not supply enough documentation for my husbands wages. We have now been waiting 7 1/2 weeks since delivery at Sheffield for our spouse visa with no end in sight.

·
Registered
465 Posts
Sonne31, they are saying that the spouse visa may or may not be accepted despite being married to a British person.

But do note that immigration officers are getting more strict, and overstaying is against the visa rules, so they may not get the spouse visa, it will also probably prolong your application's decision.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Sonne31, they are saying that the spouse visa may or may not be accepted despite being married to a British person.

But do note that immigration officers are getting more strict, and overstaying is against the visa rules, so they may not get the spouse visa, it will also probably prolong your application's decision.
He wrote "if she marry British"means they making a plan.Overstayed and now making a plan to get married ,get to the country and brake system ! Glad officers strict now!

·
Registered
103 Posts
I have a friend, who overstayed for a couple years. But left voluntarily.
He has now come back into the Uk legitimately under Spouse Visa. (6 months later).

Not quite sure of the exact details, as he has kept things close to his chest. But in summary that's what happened. So it is not the end, if you voluntarily leave.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.