Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All Moderators/Members

New to this forum. Will really appreciate if someone can put insight into my case.

My spouse visa expired on 6.08.17 and was supposed to be applying for extension.
Unfortunately could not as i misplaced my biometric card on the day i was thinking of applying ie on 5th of august 2017.
Was not aware of 14 day rule as 28 day rule was back in my mind.
However i found my biometric card and applied on 10th of August still within 14 day grace period with my reason of not being on time.
I have not recieved any acknowledgment from homeoffice yet but have found they have deducted the application fee.
My question to all Moderator/Members here is

1) will HO accept my reason for being out of time in extending my spouse visa.

2)Will this bring in complication to the process. If so what are the ways out in case I get refused

3) what bearing will it have on the application of me declaring and giving evidence that my wife is a settled person and I have a year old child who is a british citizen.

My humble request for all to add on any useful information if they have any either by being in similiar situation or by any means of knowledge.

Any piece of information will be very crucial.

Thanking Everyone in advance

Kind Regards
Harkadip

·
Registered
39,103 Posts
Don't worry about it. You have made an in-time application within the grace period. While it may restrict your right to in-country appeal should you get refused, it shouldn't affect how they arrive at a decision over your application.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Joppa for your reply...

Could you please explain these in more details please.
Many thanks

·
Registered
39,103 Posts
What else do you want to know? Just wait for your application to be processed.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi Joppa

Do you know of any case as such as mine.

If yes could you please let me know about the outcome.

I am quite worried at the moment as i have stopped working and have my family future on line with it.

Apologies if I am bothering you much

Many thanks

·
Registered
39,103 Posts
Yes, but there have been changes in the rules since and Home Office has become stricter in applying the rules.
All you can do is wait.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hi Joppa

Small update on my case.

I received my biometric letter after 6 weeks of application that's today 28 September. Did not receive acknowledgment prior to this.

Along with biometric letter they also send me another letter claming they had send me biometric letter previously.

But unfortunately I have not received any biometric letter previously other than the one i received today. Only letter they send me was a application page where we forgot to sign. This was completely and sent 20 days back

The letter goes on to say that i will have to complete my biometric in 10 working days.
Now my question is will this prolong my application and have negative impact on the decision.

Many Thanks
Kapil Shrestha

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hi Joppa

I am granted visa after 5 months. But they have moved my category to EX1 which means the home office has refuse my flrm extension as i overstayed my spouse visa by 4 days.

EX1 is parental route that takes on 10 years to settlement. This mean by previous stays are not counted for settlement.
(I am was here legally as student since Sep 2009 until i got my spouse visa in Feb 2015 that ran until August 2017.)

My question to you is can I now apply FLR (m) as soon as am eligible just to reduce my length of time into settlement or should i have to continue in 10year route inorder to be eligible for ILR.

Many Thanks

Kapil

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.