Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I arrived in France on November 30, 2014. I came to France to stay with friends while I waited for a new contract and working visa process to be completed for a job in Sweden. (Essentially, I just wanted to wait in Europe while I waited for the visa and Sweden doesn't care where I am while I apply).

I was finally given the Swedish working visa on March 25, 2015.

So technically, I've overstayed my tourist visa in the Schegen zone (which is what I initially arrived with) by 26 days.

All seems well, I had no issues with receiving my Swedish Residency card, etc. however, my passport only has the entry stamp back on 11/30.

In the last weeks before I had my Swedish visa I was a bit stuck as my employer in Sweden kept moving my start date. Anyway, I'd like to make sure I'm okay, legally, and see if there is anything I can do proactively to make things right... If I've done anything truly wrong.

I visit France most weekends, as my girlfriend lives there.

Many thanks in advance for your comments and/or advice.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Perhaps, I should also note that I am a USA citizen. My employer in Sweden is ironically a very large and well known French company. I work out of their Stockholm office.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts