Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I arrived in France on November 30, 2014. I came to France to stay with friends while I waited for a new contract and working visa process to be completed for a job in Sweden. (Essentially, I just wanted to wait in Europe while I waited for the visa and Sweden doesn't care where I am while I apply).

I was finally given the Swedish working visa on March 25, 2015.

So technically, I've overstayed my tourist visa in the Schegen zone (which is what I initially arrived with) by 26 days.

All seems well, I had no issues with receiving my Swedish Residency card, etc. however, my passport only has the entry stamp back on 11/30.

In the last weeks before I had my Swedish visa I was a bit stuck as my employer in Sweden kept moving my start date. Anyway, I'd like to make sure I'm okay, legally, and see if there is anything I can do proactively to make things right... If I've done anything truly wrong.

I visit France most weekends, as my girlfriend lives there.

Many thanks in advance for your comments and/or advice.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Perhaps, I should also note that I am a USA citizen. My employer in Sweden is ironically a very large and well known French company. I work out of their Stockholm office.

·
Administrator
51,902 Posts
Chances are, you'll be all right. France isn't terribly well known for controlling the entry and departure dates of those on "stamp in the passport" Schengen visas. Especially since, if you left for another EU/Schengen country, it's highly unlikely you would have gotten an exit stamp anyhow. (Whether you drove or took the train to Sweden.)

As a resident of a Schengen country, you now have full rights to visit other Schengen countries for up to a total of 90 days out of any 180, so enjoy!
Cheers,
Bev

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.