Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

first time poster - long time lurker.

I am finally completing my wifes visa application for a spouse visa so we can return to the UK.

I have been on a secondment in the USA with my UK based employer since 2013, and I have been with them since 2011 (London based 2011-2013). I have been steadily paid into my UK bank account since I started work for them but since I have been in the US it has been split between the two countries. My UK p60 shows the correct salary (sufficient for financial requirement) but the last couple of years of bank statements will only show about 400 quid a month going into that account.

I would just like some clarity on which category i should be applying under? and which parts of the form I should fill in!

Also, I am wondering if the copy of the p60 is okay, I cant get a real copy in time.

(I already have all my USA paystubs and bank statements to show dollar income - full checklist of documents below):-

Application form (online)
Wife letter of introduction
Wife passport + copy
Wife ID + copy
2xpassport photos
Sponsorship letter from me
Work history/employability for wife
Planned flight itinerary
Educational certificate
Resume
Biometric confirmation
Barcode printout
Sponsorship letter - Employer (she will be keeping her remote working job when we move)
Contract of employment (wifes)
Bank letter or balance certicate - wifes
Tax returns - wifes

p60 - sponsor (copy) *****is a copy ok??*****
6 months wage slips - wife
6 months bank statements stamped- wife
6 months USA wage slips - sponsor ***copies****
6 months UK wage slips - sponsor ***copies***
6 months bank statements stamped - sponsor

Marriage certificate
Wedding and relationship photos
Trip passport stamps
Event tickets
Hotel bookings
Flight records

Letter from parents
Utility bills
Copy of title deed
Pictures of house
Dad's passport photocopy
mortgage bills

so far this forum has been very helpful to me (prior to any posting!) so I hope some of you our there can offer some more specific guidance....

·
Super Moderator
18,073 Posts
The following are all unnecessary:

Wife ID + copy
Work history/employability for wife
Educational certificate
Resume
Sponsorship letter - Employer (she will be keeping her remote working job when we move)
Contract of employment (wifes)
Bank letter or balance certicate - wifes
Tax returns - wifes
6 months wage slips - wife
6 months bank statements stamped- wife
Trip passport stamps
Event tickets
Hotel bookings
Flight records
Her passport proves her identity and age.

Only your income can be used to meet the financial requirement. Your wife’s current employment, future employment or future employability are irrelevant as are her education credentials.

To prove your relationship you need to prove that you have been living together with shared responsibilities like joint tenancy, joint bank accounts, joint bills or bills addressed separately but to the same address from across your relationship. Taking trips together doesn’t prove that you live together.

If you will be residing with your parents you’ll need the deed or land registry (the online £3 documents is acceptable, the council tax or other 1 other utility bill, a letter giving your wife permission to live there and since you are sharing accommodation you should have a property inspection. Pictures are unnecessary. A property inspection independently verifies that there will be no over crowding.

All documents should be original with few exceptions. As noted, the online land registry has been used by numerous successful forum members. Anything that is no original has to be authenticated by the issuer.

Have you read through FM 1.7 to understand the options for meeting the financial requirement?

https://www.gov.uk/government/uploa...pendix_FM_Annex_1_7_Financial_Requirement.pdf

Under Category A you’ll need 6 pay slips, 6 bank statements showing the net pay being deposited and a letter of employment to prove you have been making £18,600/year or more. See FM 1.7 for details of what needs to be included in the letter of employment. The P60 and your contract are good to include. You'll also need a letter confirming that your UK employment will begin within 3 months of your return.

You wife needs to pay the NHS Surcharge of £600 before she submits the application and supporting documents by post.

https://www.gov.uk/healthcare-immigration-application

She needs to fill out Appendix 2.

https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/270484/VAF4A-Appendix2.pdf

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the clarification. I have read the guidance and knew I was collecting more than we actually needed!

My question is this, I have a UK based p60 and 6 paystubs showing 35k salary, the paystubs also show the split between UK and US funds. This means my UK bank account only has a trickle of money going into it (about 5K GBP gross) but my US bank account has a much more significant flow of money.

Is it acceptable to attach both sets of slips and bank statements explaining the situation?

and

on the application forms, how should I refer to my US salary (as separate employment) ? the forms do not seem to allow for same employer - different country situations...

·
Super Moderator
18,073 Posts
Can you clarify? You work for a UK employer who deposits part of your salary in a U.S. bank account and part in a UK bank account?

The P60, while helpful isn't a required document so you can't rely on that to prove your income. It's your pay slips and bank statements that back up the salary you are relying on.

There is section for additional information. You might also want to attach a spreadsheet to help clarify.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks, and yes, exactly that. I have been on an overseas assignment but employed by the same UK based company for a few years. So my UK pay slip shows something like this (made up numbers)

3000 gross pay before tax
- 1500 over seas pay
- 1000 tax and deductions

= 500 net pay paid in

specifically its the VAF4 3A and 3B bits which are worrying. I wonder if they will just disregard any US statements?

·
Super Moderator
18,073 Posts
Kind of a messy situation.

Your answer to this:

3.4 Is your sponsor currently employed in the UK? >>>>>>>>
should be no so you should go to 3B which says this:

Part 3B Your sponsor’s income from salaried employment outside the UK

Only complete this section if your sponsor is not permanently resident in the UK and will be returning to the UK to work. This section contains information relevant to the Category A or B ways to meet the financial requirement as set out in the policy guidance notes.
I can only suggest that you attach a spreadsheet breaking down how your are paid since it's not a straightforward situation and maybe a brief note of explanation.

This is only a suggestion and maybe someone else will have a better one.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
thanks for the response. Yes I suppose that would make it easier to understand. Perhaps each row split into columns Gross / tax / deductions / uk pay / us pay / additional, or something like that.

I believe that section also requires 12 months of slips + statements etc?

·
Super Moderator
18,073 Posts
If you are relying on income from your job you have 2 choices, Category A or B. With A you need 6 months of evidence and with B you need 12. I'm only guessing that you earn at least £18,600/year and you are in a salaried position. If you earn at least £1550/month and have been for the last 6 months then you can apply under Category A.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks nyclon,

After a bit of consideration, and rule-reading, I am going to go ahead and apply under Cat A (we should have the biometrics apt later this week) and will let you all know how it goes

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.