Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone

so i got married to my french boyfriend last april, and am now back in the US and he's in France waiting for his green card. i wanted to get my french spouse visa so that i could potentially go to work in france (the green card takes much longer than the french spouse visa), and i have my consulate appointment here in boston December 12th. however i realized i have a long stay visitor visa stamp in my passport that is good until january 30th 2014. is it possible for me to have 2 visas just overlapping? should i wait until February to have my appointment?

any answers would be greatly appreciated!

·
Administrator
50,417 Posts
If you've given up your French residence, then you've in essence given up the visa. A visa merely gives you the right to enter France. Once there, you need to deal with the OFII formalities and get some sort of titre de séjour.

Getting your spouse visa will mean that you can re-enter France on the new visa and go through the whole OFII process (civics classes, evaluation of your level of French, Pole Emploi appointment) and get a titre de séjour that allows you to work.
Cheers,
Bev

·
Registered
1,846 Posts
If a person has a TDS which is issued for a one year period and they return to the USA for a few months, would a renewal become an issue provided they are back here in time to renew it? My French wife will stay in France while I would be in the States. All my OFII requirements have been met. Thanks very much.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.