Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
one of my friend over stay in dubai for 5years and now my friend want to go home. Someone bought a ticket for him to go back to philippines... does he still have to go to jail

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Can anyone give me idea what the proper way to do... thank you, you guys opinion will grately appreciated

·
Registered
281 Posts
My advice would be to seek authoritative advice on the matter. Your friend is in breach of the law and this is of course serious and needs careful consideration. As a first step he should at the very least seek advice/assistance from your Embassy/Consulate. Another thought is that every few years there's a general amnesty given, although the last one was quite recent I think.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
My advice would be to seek authoritative advice on the matter. Your friend is in breach of the law and this is of course serious and needs careful consideration. As a first step he should at the very least seek advice/assistance from your Embassy/Consulate. Another thought is that every few years there's a general amnesty given, although the last one was quite recent I think.
thank you, your opinion is greatly appreciated, i will let him know right away

·
Premium Member
10,204 Posts
How on earth did he manage to overstay for 5 years? Does he not have a job? He needs to go see the Philippines Embassy right away. They're the only ones that can provide any sort of advice.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts