Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
GOOD DAY ALL

i recently lost my passport and went to the police station....who then sent me to another police staion which didnt help. I needed a new emergency passport as i have issues back home and got it from the south african embassy

the problem starts at the airport. i checked in got my boarding pass but when i got to passport control they said i could nit fly because i need an outpass.

pls someone tell me exactly what it is and how i go about getting one

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well what exactly do I Need to give them and what documents...also how long does it take...if u have any idea.....I spent two hours arguing at the airport last night

·
Registered
5,362 Posts
The exact same thing happened to a friend of mine in Doha. It took a few visits to this office to sort it but I remember them saying they had to go somewhere in the vicinity of the airport but in another building and that there was only one person who was able to help, possibly the Head of immigration? If I remember correctly - they had to have a ticket to show and pay an overstay fine, but the former was a bit of a problem because it was a bit hit and miss for this person being in the office. Sorry if this is a bit vague but it was a few years ago and, unfortunately, this particular person has long left the area and has been diagnosed with an illness and I am unable to contact them. Good luck.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
All they kept on telling me at the airport is that I need to go to immigration office in the city and get an outpass....and to top it off immigration only.opens on Tuesday....just my luck

·
Registered
5,362 Posts
That's right, that's what my friend had to do. I remember they had their bag with them and having to go a couple of times because the person wasn't there and the overstay fine had to be sorted. There was a bit of to-ing and fro-ing but it did get sorted and they did get out. They also experienced the same as you - being allowed to check-in and then finding they couldn't leave. It would be good if you could actually post what you have to do after you leave to help others. Good luck and safe travels when you are able to leave.

·
Registered
423 Posts
Well what exactly do I Need to give them and what documents...also how long does it take...if u have any idea.....I spent two hours arguing at the airport last night
you cant argue with them here, you have to be polite and diplomatic etc. arguing will get you nowhere fast.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Where is immigration open.all.the time....I mean they sent me to immigration office in the city which is closed for four days....but if u know one that's open pls do.tell

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
So will they be open on tuesday....and do u know exactly what I need to get this outpass so i Can get back home.....

·
Registered
423 Posts
immigration are normally open all the time, but its bank holidays here so they will be closed thursday to monday, and so they will be open on tuesday, not that they are only open on a tuesday.... its national day here dont ya know.

·
Registered
4,052 Posts
I am not very hopeful that they would know the answer, but maybe these guys could help https://www.abudhabi.ae/egovPoolPor...ue&_pageLabel=P3200866981351075680917&lang=en

They have a 24/7 help desk. But since your case is not run of the mill, they may or may not know the answer. I would think that you would need your temporary passport, and any other official document you may have (e.g. emirates ID, copy of your residence visa etc.). The office can get quite busy so be there early.

·
Registered
423 Posts
if you are british passport they will not give you an emergency passport unless someone has died etc... you will just have to wait until tuesday for immigration to open in town.... originally i thought that you were told that they only work on a tuesday.... they will be there tomorrow as this weekend has been a bank holiday and they are closed down for that.... i would have thought that the immigration office at the airport would have been open and able to help but if they have directed you to 19th st in town you will have to wait for them... get there early i see them queuing from 7am onwards to get in....!

·
Registered
423 Posts
I am not very hopeful that they would know the answer, but maybe these guys could help https://www.abudhabi.ae/egovPoolPor...ue&_pageLabel=P3200866981351075680917&lang=en

They have a 24/7 help desk. But since your case is not run of the mill, they may or may not know the answer. I would think that you would need your temporary passport, and any other official document you may have (e.g. emirates ID, copy of your residence visa etc.). The office can get quite busy so be there early.
hmmmm think its an sa passport which take an age in the first place to get the proper one.

·
Registered
423 Posts
Where is immigration open.all.the time....I mean they sent me to immigration office in the city which is closed for four days....but if u know one that's open pls do.tell
immigration is open all the time its only closed this weekend because of uae national day which is a big holiday here.

·
Registered
4,052 Posts
busybee - not sure if you noticed but he already has an emergency passport. He just needs an out pass from the appropriate authorities (GDRFA)

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Do u perhaps know the procedure I have to follow and what documents I need and how long it will take....my flight is on wednsday

·
Registered
4,052 Posts
Do u perhaps know the procedure I have to follow and what documents I need and how long it will take....my flight is on wednsday
See my reply above

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I have an emergency south african travel certificate.... Valid for two weeks...I have copy of original Passport And visa and emirates drivers licence....I hope thats Enough.....do u know if the Issue it immediately

1 - 20 of 21 Posts