Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,
I am a new member in this big community.

I need help in assessing in Other Spatial Scientist. Previously, I had a positive assessment in Environmental Research Scientist profession. Unfortunately, the profession has been removed recently from the subclass 190 :(.

As I have experience in using GIS and conducted some spatial modeling, I would like to try in Other Spatial Scientist. It's the only door to assess my degree now.

I have completed my Ph.D. recently in Australia. Last time this time was counted as an experience in the Environmental Research Scientist profession.

It would be a great help. If anyone helps me providing me a format of the cover letter and CV which was used for assessing Other Spatial Scientist profession. I will organize my documents in the similar pattern.

Any advice in preparing the CV, cover letter, and job responsibility document for this profession would be a great help for me.

Thank you in advance.

Warm regards,
Rahman

Brisbane, Australia

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi environ_sci, I am planning to apply this category. I am also a new member as you and I hope someone can help us with their experience when doing SA for this category.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi I am also planning to use my phd experience to assess my occupation and points as a spatial scientist. Do you have any results from vet?:fingerscrossed:

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I assessed my occupation and it was positive. I used my PhD as job experience. I also submitted EOI for subclass 190 last week. But I did not claim the point from my PhD experience as I have 65 points without claiming the job experience. I have seen many posts that it's not suitable points from PhD job experience as DIBP might not accept it. So I did not take any risk. Hope it helps.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I assessed my occupation and it was positive. I used my PhD as job experience. I also submitted EOI for subclass 190 last week. But I did not claim the point from my PhD experience as I have 65 points without claiming the job experience. I have seen many posts that it's not suitable points from PhD job experience as DIBP might not accept it. So I did not take any risk. Hope it helps.
Thank you for quick reply. Good to hear you got a positive result from vet, could you please share what kind of documents you prepared for the occupation? I am planning to get a letter from supervisor and HoD, pay slip of scholarship, are these enough? Thank you. Best luck on your 190

1 - 5 of 5 Posts