1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Including family members

For other dependents such as mother; the following is noted:

"Acceptable forms of proof include:

1- a certified copy of their birth certificate and proof of their relationship to you
2- proof that the relative lives in your household
3- proof that your relative has been dependent on you for at least the last 12 months.
4- if your relative is divorced, legally separated or widowed, you must provide certified copies of supporting evidence, such as:
a-the document of legal divorce
b-the document of legal separation
c-the death certificate of the deceased partner."

What kind of proof can be offered for points 2 and 3??

·
Registered
18 Posts
I also need information on this. Any expert advice?? :(

Do dependents like mother and father require IELTS score?

If IELTS is required then what is the minimum score.... :S

·
Registered
63 Posts
May be seniors can advise you better

but my feedback is

- You can provide utility bills as proof i.e. bills are in the name of mother/father and your residential address is same. (Seniors please advise?)

- For supporting - You have to show money transfers to their bank a/c or by some means that you are providing support and paid their bills from your a/c.

For IELTS. Dependents need to have Functional English ability.
if going to IELTS then they have to score 4.5 overall, no requirement for at least in each band.
But if your dependents had completed their education like graduation or higher secondary and instruction medium was English then you can give proof of it instead of IELTS, this would be accepted as well.

for functional english, the above info I know for 175 and 176, not sure if it has changed recently, seniors again please confirm.

Website info
You must provide one of the following:

your IELTS TRF Number to show you have a band score of at least four and a half (4.5) based on all four components.
Important: If you are using an IELTS test to show functional English, it must be from a test sat no more than 12 months before making your application.
evidence that you have a degree, diploma or trade qualification requiring at least two years of full time study or training with all instruction conducted in English
evidence that you have completed at least one year of full time study in Australia towards a degree or diploma qualification with all instruction conducted in English
evidence that you have completed one of the following at an educational institution where all instruction was conducted in English:
your primary education and at least three years of secondary education, or
at least five years of secondary education.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks CoolKhu. But how will utility bills in a parents name prove that they live with me? And besides, utility bills in our country come in the name of the house owner. We are renting. However, I can provide the Rent Contract as proof that the rent is in their name. So this would be sufficient to prove that we live together?

As for support, I do not transfer money into an account but rather provide her with cash in hand at end of each month.

Any feedback please?

·
Registered
63 Posts
Thanks CoolKhu. But how will utility bills in a parents name prove that they live with me? And besides, utility bills in our country come in the name of the house owner. We are renting. However, I can provide the Rent Contract as proof that the rent is in their name. So this would be sufficient to prove that we live together?

As for support, I do not transfer money into an account but rather provide her with cash in hand at end of each month.

Any feedback please?
I think you can submit that rent contract and I am assuming you mentioned your residential address is same as mentioned in the rent contract in the name of your father/mother? If tht would not be sufficient that CO may ask for more stuff so don't worry.

For money, you can submit your bank statement having withdrawls every month with specific amount which you give your parents as Cash but I am not sure where we can mention and these withdrawls are for your parents.

May be this would work but seniors please advise with your experience.

thanks.

G

·
Financial can also be shown by showing their bank statements showing they have no income. Also any insurance or medical documents you have that show you pay for their medical needs. If they have income you need to assess if they really are dependent.

Any letter from any source addressed to either of you to the same address proves you each get mail to the same place hence live at the same place. The more official the document the better ie bank statements, utility bills, tax documents etc.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts