Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Joppa said it would be helpful to tab each document in the packet ... in the order of the application. Does that mean its best to have your documents in order based on the flow of questions on the application? I would begin with my birth cert and passport, etc? If others have used tabs for each sleeve (or document) how did you label the tab..the docs that fall under Part One would sit behind a tab labeled 'Part One'? Where would intro letters fit best? Back to back at the very beginning?
Since I am not quite ready to apply and send in my packet, I have time to get things super duper organized! :)
Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
18 Posts
So far I have only applied for (and rec'd) a Marriage Visitor Visa, so I may not have had as many documents to send, but I put them neatly into a pile with more important docs first (passport, biometric, birth cert) and used a sticky note on the front of each item with a few words so that at a glance the person could see what it was. I don't know if it was appreciated or helpful, but I got the visa and when my documents were returned, some of the stickies had been removed while others were still in place.

·
Registered
39,149 Posts
Joppa said it would be helpful to tab each document in the packet ... in the order of the application. Does that mean its best to have your documents in order based on the flow of questions on the application? I would begin with my birth cert and passport, etc? If others have used tabs for each sleeve (or document) how did you label the tab..the docs that fall under Part One would sit behind a tab labeled 'Part One'? Where would intro letters fit best? Back to back at the very beginning?
Since I am not quite ready to apply and send in my packet, I have time to get things super duper organized!
You are overcooking a bit!
Just put tabs with very general description like ID, Maintenance, Housing, Sponsor, Relationship etc, and then put individual plastic wallets with more descriptive labels like Birth Certificate, Bank Statement, Tenancy Agreement, Pay Slips and so on. Provided they are fairly logical and UKBA can find what they are looking for and rearrange them in the order they like, you'll be fine!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.