Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Me and my husband have started to seriously consider a move to Australia.

We have never been yet ourselves and haven't a clue where to start. i am making my way through a lot of these threads to find out more but what I was wondering is does anyone know if thee is such thing as an organised visiting trip that you can go on in Oz to check out the different city? As we would like to do our research.

Also I have seen a company called The Emigration Group and they have a seminar in Manchester advertising an all we need to know seminar? has anyone had any experiance with these and are they any good or are they just trying to sell there agency service?

·
Registered
4,597 Posts
Hi there,

Welcome to the forum.

Nope, there's isn't anything like an organised trip. What people do is come over and travel to the different areas/States on their own.

Karen (another Mod on here) used The Emigration Group and she was very satisfied with their service. Do a search on the forum as agent recommendations has come up a few times.

Have you been through the points process to see if you qualify to apply for a visa yet?

Dolly

·
Registered
6,235 Posts
Hi Savvides,

We actually had a one on one interview with Emigration Group before signing on with them so I can't say what their seminars are like.

We picked 3 agents from an immigration paper and contacted them. The first two said we didn't stand a chance of getting in and Emigration Group said to come and talk to them. They came up with the idea of my husband (gardener) being primary applicant rather than myself (IT) and we've been here 2.5 years now.

I would contact several agents and interview them and see which one feels right for you. Also check the prices for their services so you know exactly what you are paying for.

Regards,
Karen

·
Registered
619 Posts
I was wondering is does anyone know if thee is such thing as an organised visiting trip that you can go on in Oz to check out the different city? As we would like to do our research.
Hrmm.. this sounds like an interesting business idea... although with the joy of the internet you can now do an awful lot of research before you even set foot in AU.

I don't know about Qantas in the UK, but here in the US they have special summer (AU winter) deals where you can get 3 free flights within AU when you purchase your international flight. We did this, and it gave us the opportunity to explore several places on one trip.

·
Registered
3,375 Posts
Yup, US getting nice travel deals from QF, no love for the Aussies going the other way though (still pay twice as much as the US price) :(

Hrmm.. this sounds like an interesting business idea... although with the joy of the internet you can now do an awful lot of research before you even set foot in AU.

I don't know about Qantas in the UK, but here in the US they have special summer (AU winter) deals where you can get 3 free flights within AU when you purchase your international flight. We did this, and it gave us the opportunity to explore several places on one trip.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts