Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
1 - 20 of 263 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

Has anyone applied for EOI/SS for Org and Method Analyst (224712) recently? please advise which state is now open for this skill set? or any idea when the states might open for this category?

Thanks in Advance!!

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Hi All,

Has anyone applied for EOI/SS for Org and Method Analyst (224712) recently? please advise which state is now open for this skill set? or any idea when the states might open for this category?

Thanks in Advance!!

·
Registered
603 Posts
Hi All,

Thanks in Advance!!
Bala, your occupation is avai able in limited category in ACT.

Reactions: balamyneni

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Bala, your occupation is avai able in limited category in ACT.
Applied to ACT .. but unfortunatly occupation is not verified. thy just responded in 1 hour time saying my application is rejected :-(

Could some one please let me know whn can I expect other states sponsorship for the nominated occupation of Organisation and Methods Analyst 224712 ?

Thanks in Advance!!

·
Registered
305 Posts
Hi Bala... I think I may also land up in the same boat as you.. though I am still waiting for my assessment result for Organisation and Method Analyst but I dont think I would be able to apply as the occupation is not open anywhere and is still under Limited category in Canberra...

Thanks
Manu

·
Registered
305 Posts
Applied to ACT .. but unfortunatly occupation is not verified. thy just responded in 1 hour time saying my application is rejected :-(

Could some one please let me know whn can I expect other states sponsorship for the nominated occupation of Organisation and Methods Analyst 224712 ?

Thanks in Advance!!
Hi Bala,

Let us keep in touch, we can share our experiences and help each other as both of us are using the same occupation " Organisation and Method Analyst".. Do drop in your number.. at my email address : [email protected]..

I am from Gurgaon, India

Thanks
Manu

·
Registered
535 Posts
Hi All,

I am new to this forum.

I am applying for "Organisation and Methods Analyst" occupation as well.Just got a successful vetassess assessment on 21/2/14,however I am yet to get the magic numbers (7 in each band IELTS SCORE).

I am gonna give my latest IELTS score for re-marking as am just short of 0.5 marks in writing.

I see that all states have completed their quota for this year,so we will have to wait till July,however my agent was telling me that South Australia might open in couple of months,as they had done in previous occasions but never know.

This is a waiting game.

The positive I can see from this application is that "O&M analyst" will be in the new SOL as well ,as it has been featuring in the SOL from 2006/2007,so no need for us to worry about this occupation been taken off.

Reactions: shirnhadianzar

·
Registered
305 Posts
Hello Future_ozzy..

I see a lot of similarities between us.. I also applied for skill assessment as Organisation and Method Analyst and got my result on 21st Feb.. Also.. I have 6.5 in writing and above 7 in all other sections of IELTS...

so it seems we are in the same boat.. I would give my next IELTS shortly..

But how are you sure that it would come under SOL....

I was really disappointed when I saw that its not open in any state and this is the scenario for a long time.. I am not sure when was it open the last time..

Thanks

·
Registered
535 Posts
Hi,

I have individually checked all the SOL from 2006 till date and "O&M analyst" has featured every year.

ACT just closed this occupation on 24th Feb until then it was in limited category.

If you are falling short of half band,its better to apply for re-marking and also sit for a test.

However if it is either speaking or writing ,I heard we stand a chance for the mark to be increased as these two parts are subjective and opinions of two different examiners may differ.

Re-marking is done either in OZ or UK by senior examiner.

Reactions: shirnhadianzar

·
Registered
535 Posts
Hi All,

Looks like very few people applying for O&M analyst this year.

I hardly see anyone responding on this thread whereas other occupations thread there is some or the other activity and Q&A happening .

@All applicants of O&M analyst - Can we have some active discussion happening on this forum about this occupation ?

It will be helpful if we have a forum for this occupation because most of us will either go to ACT or SA and in same occupation list.

We can discuss about job prospects in ACT/SA,status updates,progress of the application ,so that by the time we go to OZ we have company as am sure most of will be needing help with accommodation/job help once we land there.

My current status = Positive skill assessment done,awaiting for re-marking on writing which am falling short by 0.5 marks and then again have to wait till July I guess.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Hi All,

Looks like very few people applying for O&M analyst this year.

I hardly see anyone responding on this thread whereas other occupations thread there is some or the other activity and Q&A happening .

@All applicants of O&M analyst - Can we have some active discussion happening on this forum about this occupation ?

It will be helpful if we have a forum for this occupation because most of us will either go to ACT or SA and in same occupation list.

We can discuss about job prospects in ACT/SA,status updates,progress of the application ,so that by the time we go to OZ we have company as am sure most of will be needing help with accommodation/job help once we land there.

My current status = Positive skill assessment done,awaiting for re-marking on writing which am falling short by 0.5 marks and then again have to wait till July I guess.

Yeah sure.

Good luck for your revaluation

·
Registered
535 Posts
1st July 2014 is the expected date.

But we never some state might open before the above mentioned date.

so fingers crossed.

Reactions: balamyneni

·
Registered
28 Posts
Applied for skill assessment on 24th feb (the exact date when it was closed by ACT). My consultant chose this job code for us in their evaluation and he seems confident that it would open in july or earlier.

I have a long wait for VETASSESS assessment but would like to hear all your experiences on her behalf. .

·
Registered
535 Posts
Hi,

Welcome to the O&M Analyst group.

From here it will take two months atleast for you to get the outcome of your skills assessment.

Have you achieved the required scores in IELTS ?

Yes,all of us would have to wait till July,however we should ensure that everything is ready i.e assessment ,IELTS before July.

·
Registered
28 Posts
The below is the reply i received from ACT when i emailed "[email protected]" to understand the status of closed occupations.

"Priyam

The demand for closed occupations will be reassessed in August"

·
Registered
535 Posts
The below is the reply i received from ACT when i emailed "[email protected]" to understand the status of closed occupations.

"Priyam

The demand for closed occupations will be reassessed in August"

Hi Priyam,

The new occupations list will open in July 2014 and we can start our process post July 2014.

Right now we all need to be ready with IELTS results and +ve Skills assessment.

I am hoping by july-august we will can start our process.

·
Registered
535 Posts
Hi All,

I thought it would be a good idea for all the people who are applying or already applied for this occupation to know about each other.

We can share location from where we are applying ,our journey so far ,why we chose this occupation ,our work experiences etc.

I can start with myself

I have overall work exp of 10 years out of which two years I have worked in Melbourne ,AUS.I lived in AUS between 2008 - 2010.

Since 2010 working for a IT company in HYD as an analyst/operations lead.

My native place is Hyderabad,India.

My agent suggested me this occupation based on my work exp.

I have attempted IELTS twice but without any luck,both times failed to achieve 7 bands in all by 0.5 marks.Applied for re-marking for the writing as i scored 6.5 and rest above 7.

Since I had been to AUS earlier I know how awesome place it is to work and live.Great place for family and especially to settle.

Reactions: future_Aus

·
Registered
23 Posts
Hi All,

I am glad to see people who have applied for the same occupation as me. I have submitted by Vetasses application and awaiting results.

My Vetasses acknowledged date is 14-Nov and still waiting..its a long wait though but no rush since the occupation is closed.

Hopefully it opens up in July.

·
Registered
603 Posts
Hi padma how R U. Yes it might open up in SA and ACT. All the best!

Reactions: padmavav
1 - 20 of 263 Posts