Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all. I sent my settlement application and supporting documents to Sheffield on Monday and I got an e-mail this morning that my "online application" had been received. I know that my package was received by them already, because I checked the UPS tracker.

My husband sent me all of his documents for sponsorship, and I included them in the package I sent. I ordered the documents almost the same way that someone with a successful settlement application did - as she left posted her table of contents in her thread.

In the e-mail I got today, from Sheffield, they wrote: If you have made a Settlement application (except for applications lodged in USA and Canada): you must ensure that your UK sponsor has sent all relevant supporting documentation to the visa section in Sheffield. The documents should be arranged in this order: application form and relevant Appendix* (See below); English language evidence; relationship documents; maintenance documents; accommodation documents. If documents are not received a decision will be taken on the basis on the information that has been provided.

I sent every document (especially those related to what they listed in that paragraph) but definitely not in that order. Do you think this will affect the success of my application? The order of documents wasn't written anywhere that I could see, on the government websites. :confused: I'm getting worried ... I paid almost 3,000 USD for the visa fee and NHS surcharge, and another 1000 for priority/courier.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Hi all. I sent my settlement application and supporting documents to Sheffield on Monday and I got an e-mail this morning that my "online application" had been received. I know that my package was received by them already, because I checked the UPS tracker.

My husband sent me all of his documents for sponsorship, and I included them in the package I sent. I ordered the documents almost the same way that someone with a successful settlement application did - as she left posted her table of contents in her thread.

In the e-mail I got today, from Sheffield, they wrote: If you have made a Settlement application (except for applications lodged in USA and Canada): you must ensure that your UK sponsor has sent all relevant supporting documentation to the visa section in Sheffield. The documents should be arranged in this order: application form and relevant Appendix* (See below); English language evidence; relationship documents; maintenance documents; accommodation documents. If documents are not received a decision will be taken on the basis on the information that has been provided.

I sent every document (especially those related to what they listed in that paragraph) but definitely not in that order. Do you think this will affect the success of my application? The order of documents wasn't written anywhere that I could see, on the government websites. :confused: I'm getting worried ... I paid almost 3,000 USD for the visa fee and NHS surcharge, and another 1000 for priority/courier.
This is a generic email they send to let you know they received your documents. It's poorly worded but it means they have them. Often they don't even bother to send this email so it's good you at least got it!

As you can see from the quote you pasted, this does not apply to applications made from the US and Canada. The order will not affect your application, as long as the evidence is there and you put it in some sensible order (which it seems you did).

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
This is a generic email they send to let you know they received your documents. It's poorly worded but it means they have them. Often they don't even bother to send this email so it's good you at least got it!

As you can see from the quote you pasted, this does not apply to applications made from the US and Canada. The order will not affect your application, as long as the evidence is there and you put it in some sensible order (which it seems you did).

wow.. I read over it 2x maybe even a third time. I think I'm too nervous to absorb the relevant details. Thanks for pointing that out to me

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.