Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
903 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Helo

I wana know about orana dubbo region of NSW about job opportunity and expense of this suburbs??

thnx

·
Registered
83 Posts
Can someone help me in finding accommodation in Dubbo?
I am reaching Dubbo on Sep 6th

·
Registered
335 Posts
Hey Guys - I have another problem. I am moving to Melbourne on 17th September and I am trying to find rented accommodation on Gumtree and Flatmates websites but after sending numerous requests I haven't been able to generate a single response from anyone. I also checked my spam folder but didn't see anything there too. Has anyone gone through a similar issue before.

Reactions: commie_rick

·
Registered
6,111 Posts
Gumtree is not the place to find accommodation. Its full of scammers and liars.

Flatmates are hardly going to agree to sharing with someone they have never met who could be a scammer, axe murderer or worse.

Check out airnab to sort out accommodation for arrival and find somewhere permanent when you arrive.

·
Registered
88 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Guys, I'm filling my 489 EOI for Orana region, as an electrical engineer with 65 points (55+10). Could you comment on the time frame to get the invite? Also a headsup regarding job prospects for an electrical engineer in the Orana region.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Why dont u apply for 190 if u have 55 points..? Nomination available from NSW and Vic...

·
Registered
88 Posts
In you're opinion, should i wait for 190 invite or go ahead with 489?
I think u will get invitation if you have IELTS individual 7 or equivalent... Have you tried PTE exam? I recommend PTE and get 65 each....

·
Registered
88 Posts
yeah i tried PTE and got 75+ in all sections but couldn't get 79 in each to claim additional 10 points.
If you got 75+ u are qualified for both NSW and VIC sponsorship for 190.. I think you will get it, it is just a matter of time.... I strongly recommend you to create two separate EOI account for each state sponsorship...

see their application guidelines --

Vic- Visa Nomination Occupation List for Victoria - Live in Victoria

NSW- https://www.industry.nsw.gov.au/liv...d-immigration/skilled-nominated-migration-190

·
Registered
47 Posts
If you got 75+ u are qualified for both NSW and VIC sponsorship for 190.. I think you will get it, it is just a matter of time.... I strongly recommend you to create two separate EOI account for each state sponsorship...

see their application guidelines --

Vic- Visa Nomination Occupation List for Victoria - Live in Victoria

NSW- https://www.industry.nsw.gov.au/liv...d-immigration/skilled-nominated-migration-190
For VIC, you need minimum 2 yrs work experience accepted by EA right? Even though my duties and responsibilities were that of an electrical engineer, EA didn't accept my work experience saying salary i was getting were too low for a professional electrical engineer. So i was accredited as professional electrical engineer based on my bachelor's.

My points breakup is:
Age-30
Bachelor's -15
PTE- 10
Total- 55 points

So I filed EOI for NSW 190 but got opinions that even with 55+5 points its very very hard to get an invite any time soon and if there are more number of applicants you may not even get an invite.

So i'm confused about what to do, whether to wait for 190 invite which is not guaranteed or apply for 489 Orana region with additional 10 points for nomination, thereby getting 65 points.

·
Registered
88 Posts
2 yrs work experience accepted by EA right.
Is the above statement in VIC's nomination requirement? I dont think so.. Salary is depends on each country and I dont think they will take as a criteria.. I recommend u to get a referance letter, payslips, tax/provident fund documents and submit for VIC nomination...

same goes for NSW.....

190 is always better..no restriction....

·
Registered
47 Posts
Is the above statement in VIC's nomination requirement? I dont think so.. Salary is depends on each country and I dont think they will take as a criteria.. I recommend u to get a referance letter, payslips, tax/provident fund documents and submit for VIC nomination...

same goes for NSW.....

190 is always better..no restriction....
When i checked the VIC link you shared above, its clearly stated

Occupations eligible to apply for Victorian visa nomination
233311 Electrical Engineer 7.0 in each band Two years minimum work experience

I had submitted reference letters, payslips and tax document to EA but my salary was below taxable income so no tax.

For NSW, minimum work experience requirement is not there.

·
Registered
88 Posts
When i checked the VIC link you shared above, its clearly stated

Occupations eligible to apply for Victorian visa nomination
233311 Electrical Engineer 7.0 in each band Two years minimum work experience

I had submitted reference letters, payslips and tax document to EA but my salary was below taxable income so no tax.

For NSW, minimum work experience requirement is not there.

Hello nitva91,

They mentioned that you need two years of experience. Doesnt mean that it has to be accredited by EA.

How many years of exp u have?

1 - 20 of 27 Posts