Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I want to move to Australia asap. I figure out that I have am getting 55 points.

Qualification: 15
Work experience: 15
Ielts = 0

Based on this, please suggestion what options should do I have in order to enter in Aus.

Please guide.

Thanks

·
Registered
577 Posts
Hi,

I want to move to Australia asap. I figure out that I have am getting 55 points.

Ielts = 0

Based on this, please suggestion what options should do I have in order to enter in Aus.

Please guide.

Thanks

Applicants with 60 points an above are eligible for Skilled migration.

You may want to increase your score; try improving your English test scores to get additional points; if you intend to apply for 189.

Also, you may be eligible for 190; with 5 additional points for state nomination.

What is your occupation code, and have you obtained relevant skills assessment?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
577 Posts
Its software engineering.

I have not done skill assestment. Just started.
Well I will suggest you do that first.

1. Look for the ANZSCO Occupation that suits best to your qualifications and work experience.

Identify the occupation in this list- Part 2, Sections 7 and 8. https://www.legislation.gov.au/Details/F2017L00850

2. Apply for a skills assessment from relevant assessing authority. They will assess your qualification, and your work experience. You can only claim points as per their assessment.

3. Sit for an English Ability test in the meantime. Try scoring more to gain additional points.

4. Submit an EOI once you have the above. Apply for a state nomination if applicable.

5. Wait for an invite.

Meanwhile, keep reading and subscribing different threads on this forum; there is lots of information available for potential migrants.

·
Registered
357 Posts
Hi,

Ielts = 0

Please guide.

Thanks
Please be very careful with calculating your work experience as ACS (your asssesing authority) will provide you a date in your assessment report (depending on your degree & relevant experience) after which your experience will count towards points.

And hence wait till you get your assessment report and English score to arrive at your final score tally and then submit your EoI.

Also, please try to score at least 10 points in English test and get to 65 points which will be helpful to you in getting the visa sooner. And if you get 20 points, it will be much quicker.

Have a very Bright Future!

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thank you for response.

I want to know if I can start with 190 visa with 55 points. And if they nominate me, I can ge 5 additional points. After which I can submit EOI?

Or 190 visa requires minimum of 60 points to start?

Please guide.

Thanks

·
Registered
577 Posts
Thank you for response.

I want to know if I can start with 190 visa with 55 points. And if they nominate me, I can ge 5 additional points. After which I can submit EOI?

Or 190 visa requires minimum of 60 points to start?

Please guide.

Thanks

You can apply for state nominations at 55 points. You need to submit the EOI at 55 and then apply for nomination to the state to intend to stay in.

Having said so; you cannot submit the EOI untill you have a positive skills assessment and an English test score.

·
Registered
123 Posts
You can apply for state nominations at 55 points. You need to submit the EOI at 55 and then apply for nomination to the state to intend to stay in.

Having said so; you cannot submit the EOI untill you have a positive skills assessment and an English test score.

If the applicant has a Canadian passport then applicant does not need an IELTS score!!!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts