Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,

I have been looking through the threads and can't seem to find the answers I need.

I am currently in the UK, finishing up a graduate course and my student visa expires in January. I have been applying to jobs, had a few interviews but am not seeming to get anywhere with finding employment. (I had posted before with employment questions in another thread.) It is at the point where I am starting to feel desperate, which I am sure isn't helping with the job search, and think I will have to return home.

I am living with my boyfriend here in the UK and have been for the whole of my programme and a bit before, so just over a year. We have been together for over 2 years, known each other for about 3 years. Without getting married or engaged, what options do I have? It doesn't seem like any unless I find a job here or get married. And I don't have any ancestry ties to the UK. Any help is appreciated, this has obviously been a weight on my mind lately.

·
Registered
1,290 Posts
Hi everyone,

I have been looking through the threads and can't seem to find the answers I need.

I am currently in the UK, finishing up a graduate course and my student visa expires in January. I have been applying to jobs, had a few interviews but am not seeming to get anywhere with finding employment. (I had posted before with employment questions in another thread.) It is at the point where I am starting to feel desperate, which I am sure isn't helping with the job search, and think I will have to return home.

I am living with my boyfriend here in the UK and have been for the whole of my programme and a bit before, so just over a year. We have been together for over 2 years, known each other for about 3 years. Without getting married or engaged, what options do I have? It doesn't seem like any unless I find a job here or get married. And I don't have any ancestry ties to the UK. Any help is appreciated, this has obviously been a weight on my mind lately.

If you have lived with your boyfriend in a relationship akin to marriage for at least two years, look into an unmarried partner visa. Otherwise your options are rather limited to marriage and/or work as you've stated.

Edit: I just re read that you've only been living together for just over a year. Yes I'm afraid your options are rather limited to what you've stated.

·
Super Moderator
18,071 Posts
You don't qualify for an unmarried partner visa as you have only lived together for 2 years. That leaves your options at spouse visa, work visa and investor or entrepreneur visa. The last 2 require having lots of money to invest in or start a UK company.

Do you have any EU ancestry? If so you may qualify for citizenship in an EU country which would give you the right to live and work in any EU country.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you both for the reply. You've confirmed what I already knew. I just was hoping there was something I hadn't thought to try!

I don't have any ancestry in the EU either, just through a step grandmother, so I am not eligible through that route either.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.