Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

Can I include my parents in my 176 application?
They are not financially dependent on me.
What are my options if I want to take my parents to Australia with me on 176 or later on, on some other visa?
I read one post of Dec 2010 in which two visas are described 103 and 143. But I suppose things might have changed by now.

Thanks.

S

·
0 Posts
It is very difficult to add both parents to an application because DIAC do not feel that adults who are married can be your dependent unless one of them was disabled. But having a disability would make it difficult for them to pass the medical.

There are options if they meet the balance of family test once you are in Australia and settled, which is usually after 2 years.

Australian Immigration Fact Sheet 31. Parents

There are 2 options, one is very expensive, about $40,000 each parent. The other takes about 15 years to be granted.

Parent Visa Options - Family Members - Migrants - Visas & Immigration

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It is very difficult to add both parents to an application because DIAC do not feel that adults who are married can be your dependent unless one of them was disabled. But having a disability would make it difficult for them to pass the medical.

There are options if they meet the balance of family test once you are in Australia and settled, which is usually after 2 years.

Australian Immigration Fact Sheet 31. Parents

There are 2 options, one is very expensive, about $40,000 each parent. The other takes about 15 years to be granted.

Parent Visa Options - Family Members - Migrants - Visas & Immigration
Thank you _shel.

Regards,

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.