Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,I am staying in UK and need new prescription glasses and wondering which company

to try as there are quite a few franchised ?

Has anyone has a good experience with any company or do I go to individual company ?

Advice would be appreciated !

Thanks

·
Registered
5,567 Posts
My husband uses SpecSavers and is very happy with them

Reactions: Chomel50

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi,I am staying in UK and need new prescription glasses and wondering which company

to try as there are quite a few franchised ?

Has anyone has a good experience with any company or do I go to individual company ?

Advice would be appreciated !

Thanks
I did some research a few months ago and learned that the highest rated opticians are at Costco. I have had excellent service from them and absolutely no complaints. Memberships are limited to certain occupations, unlike in the US where I had a previous membership, so you'll have to see if you are eligible. If you already have a membership from another country, you can still use the Costco here.

·
Registered
315 Posts
I've always gone to local independent opticians, just because I like to build a relationship with someone who's going to provide me with sight! Plus, I like to support independent businesses etc.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I've always gone to local independent opticians, just because I like to build a relationship with someone who's going to provide me with sight! Plus, I like to support independent businesses etc.

Well,I have been to a local optician in Leith and decided to try this company.I am happy

to say that I can collect them in five working days.

·
Registered
39,105 Posts
I go for mail order glasses. Get eye test done at a local optician (free at Tesco and some others on promotion), and then order online using the specifications. Perhaps not recommended if you have complicated prescription or need varifocal lenses, but usually works well and a lot cheaper.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.