Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

I am planning to get PR for Australia /Canada.

Has anyone did any analysis on job opportunities available in both the countries ?

Heard there are lot of opportunities in Australia than in Canada.

fyi, I am a techie and looking for production support / testing jobs.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Not really, we just queue up at the consulate with bundles of cash and then they help us burn it for fun
Jokes apart, a lot has been written about the experiences of immigrants in both countries. Both sides have pro's and con's that you need to consider before making a decision. In some cases the migration policies/fees make a choice for you.
Check on job sites for both countries, see the climate, check the cost of living and then decide

Reactions: KeeDa

·
Registered
127 Posts
Not really, we just queue up at the consulate with bundles of cash and then they help us burn it for fun
Jokes apart, a lot has been written about the experiences of immigrants in both countries. Both sides have pro's and con's that you need to consider before making a decision. In some cases the migration policies/fees make a choice for you.
Check on job sites for both countries, see the climate, check the cost of living and then decide
My personal opinion based on experiences of friends who immigrated (all in IT fields) ...Australia has more jobs as compared to Canada but both have less jobs as compared to the US.

So if you eventually want to end up in the US, Canada it is.

If you like warm weather and hate snow, opt for Australia.

Reactions: pumbaa_g
1 - 3 of 3 Posts