Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
440 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a friend coming to stay and she wants to look for work

She needs a bank account but from what I remember I had to show sale purchase docs or my house

Can she just open an account without proof of rental or ownership ?

Thanks

·
Registered
67 Posts
dont know if this is relevant but i am still in UK when i contacted bank of cyprus they were willing to allow me to open an account as long as i had proof of ID and uk address
I never actually opened the account or went to the bank to discuss so this may have changed when i went but maybe worth just asking a locall branch whats possible

·
Registered
440 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
dont know if this is relevant but i am still in UK when i contacted bank of cyprus they were willing to allow me to open an account as long as i had proof of ID and uk address
I never actually opened the account or went to the bank to discuss so this may have changed when i went but maybe worth just asking a locall branch whats possible

Thanks for that, they have obviously changed the rules I shall tel her to go and try

Many thanks

·
Registered
650 Posts

She needs a bank account but from what I remember I had to show sale purchase docs or my house

Thanks
maybe you were making a big deposit and then they want to see proof of where the money came from?

·
Registered
1,197 Posts

Thanks
I opened a bank account while over in November, all I needed was my passport and a utility bill from the UK.

·
Registered
1 Posts
alli had to do when opening an account was to get my boss to letter saying my place of employment as i would ahve regular money going in, and my passport and a copy of my rental agreement where iwas in cyprus

i was sent a letter saying my account was ready to use and to pick my bank card and book from the branch, it only took a week, hope this helps

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.