Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I got a job in Sophia Antipolis and I'm in the process of relocating to the area (Antibes or Juan-les-Pins most likely).
The next task on my list is to look for a flat to rent.

I read that a French bank account is needed in order to rent a flat. But of course a proof of address is needed to open a bank account in France.

Does anyone know how to open a bank account in France for people in this same situation? What papers do I need to provide? What is the procedure?
I know it's possible and many relocation agencies do this for you as part of the services they offer. But these relocation agencies ask for pretty hefty fees, which I'd rather not pay if at all possible.

Thank you very much in advance,

·
Administrator
49,984 Posts
To open a bank account in France, you need to go into the branch in person, with your documents in hand. You can ask at the branches when you make the appointment to find out precisely which documents they require - and ask how to handle the matter of your address while you're still in temporary quarters. (I suspect you'll use your temporary address and then change your address when you get a place - but doing this may require them to see your employment contract.) But different banks ask for different documents, and to some extent you can screen the banks by asking about an appointment to open an account.
Cheers,
Bev

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you very much for your advise.

This week, I and My husband went down to Nice and looked for apartment and to solve opening banking issue.
The result was well!

The bank, we opened an account, was Société Générale.
As you advised me, we checked one of the branch about required documents.
They only said below;
Both passparts
Marriage certificate(because we are opening a joint account)
Proof of current address (we brought UK council tax bill)
My husband's working contract
tax payment proof of UK

These were only we needed to bring,
And it went all well so far on that day in our case.
Maybe it was also that there are many expats there and try to open bank account in similar situation like us.

Thank you for your advise again!
Nao

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.