Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dear Expats

I want to open a NAB Bank account from overseas. But I am confused about few things, which I need help from you guys.

tfaforms.com/197860

1. Occupation:
As I am moving from overseas, will be looking for job, so I suppose I will write NIL here. Am I right?

2. Are you a resident of any other country for tax purposes?
I am not aware of this term tax resident. I am moving from Pakistan and I am an active tax payer and filer in Pakistan. What should I write here. "Yes" or "No" ?

3. I would like to order a NAB debit card ready for my arrival.
Does it mean, a debit card will be ready when I will arrive?

·
Registered
397 Posts
Dear Expats

I want to open a NAB Bank account from overseas. But I am confused about few things, which I need help from you guys.

tfaforms.com/197860

1. Occupation:
As I am moving from overseas, will be looking for job, so I suppose I will write NIL here. Am I right?

I am not aware of this term tax resident. I am moving from Pakistan and I am an active tax payer and filer in Pakistan. What should I write here. "Yes" or "No" ?

1. You should put nature of your occupation such as banker, software professional. It doesn't mean you have to have job when you arrive in Australia.
2. You should mention No as you are tax resident of Pakistan only at the moment.
3. Yes. A debit card will be issued to you when you visit the branch in Australia.

You can use NAB to transfer money to Pakistan however there are other cheaper options like transferwise.

·
Registered
618 Posts
The debit card will be ready at the branch at which the account is opened usually. You will be required to physically present yourself with 100 points of ID check based on which the debit card will be handed over to you and the account will be activated. That said, you can still transfer money FROM Pakistan to NAB bank but you can't withdraw it till your identity is verified.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The debit card will be ready at the branch at which the account is opened usually. You will be required to physically present yourself with 100 points of ID check based on which the debit card will be handed over to you and the account will be activated. That said, you can still transfer money FROM Pakistan to NAB bank but you can't withdraw it till your identity is verified.
Many Thanks dear

·
Registered
5 Posts
Open a new Orange Everyday account through ING direct

Hi All,

I have accounts in Westpac and Nab but recently I have moved to ING direct as it is user friendly and lot cheaper then others and also from time to time they give vouchers,if anyone wants to open a new account please follow below steps they are quite simple and you will also earn 75$ as a referral bonus :)

Here's what you needs to do :
Go to ingdirect.com.au/everyday and follow the steps below:

1.Open a new Orange Everyday account and enter FBO665 in the promo box at the end of the online form
(this part's really important, as otherwise neither of you will get your bonus!)

2.Open and make a deposit into a new Savings Maximiser by 31 October 2017.

3.Deposit atleast $1,000+ into their new Orange Everyday account within a calendar month by 31 October 2017.

4.Use their Orange Everyday card to make 5+ purchases before 31 October 2017.

Once you complete the steps above, you'll both receive your bonuses the following month.

NJYYYYY.:cool2::cool2::cool2:

·
Registered
3 Posts
Dear Expats

tfaforms.com/197860

1. Occupation:

Hi, what did you answer for question 2? I am confused since I am moving from the Middle East to Australia. I do file tax return in Pakistan but it is PKR 0 since I am overseas

1 - 8 of 8 Posts