Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Opening Bank Account

Yes.......and buy property ......
Really? I thought you needed a resident type Visa. All I would have is a tourist visa (max I think is 90 days). Which bank and what documentation? Remember, I would have no permanent address there.

I am aware that you can buy property there.

·
Registered
111 Posts
You can open an account with Santander without having temporal or residente status.

But, that is just my experience. I opened an account last spring with no problem.

·
Registered
30 Posts
English Speaking Banks

What bank in Mexico provides investment advice in English for mutual funds? By telephone?

·
Registered
6,720 Posts
What bank in Mexico provides investment advice in English for mutual funds? By telephone?
Why would you expect them to do that? If you run into a particular branch, with a fluent English speaker, count yourself as fortunate but be prepared for that person to be promoted and transferred, leaving you with the need for Spanish again. Yes, you will find such service in some places, where expats abound, but not everywhere. The official language of Mexico is Spanish. The USA does not have an official language. Surprised?

·
Registered
381 Posts
We had really good support from Bancomer Preferred Client Unit for a couple of years. But it has eroded substantially over the last 3 years. Like RVGRINGO says, get with the program.

And if you want good advice on investing in mutual funds, it is to avoid them.

·
Registered
536 Posts
We had really good support from Bancomer Preferred Client Unit for a couple of years. But it has eroded substantially over the last 3 years. Like RVGRINGO says, get with the program.

And if you want good advice on investing in mutual funds, it is to avoid them.
And that seems to be true in many countries, not just Mexico.

All those that I know of in Canada that were in mutual funds, including myself, received very poor returns. (Yes, there are some that give a good return, but it seems to be the exception.) The management fees eat most of the profits. Since I got out of mutual funds I have done much better. :)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.