Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all.

I am planning to immigrate to Australia. At the moment ACS is on the way.

I am deeply involved with an Open-Source Project that is contributing a lot with my progress in my career.

I am starting to think leave my current job and dedicate myself full time to this voluntary project (yes, I have money enough to make this temporary move).

I am wondering if this voluntary work contribute or damage my immigration process.

Any thoughts?

Cheers.

Rod.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Hi all.

I am planning to immigrate to Australia. At the moment ACS is on the way.

I am deeply involved with an Open-Source Project that is contributing a lot with my progress in my career.

I am starting to think leave my current job and dedicate myself full time to this voluntary project (yes, I have money enough to make this temporary move).

I am wondering if this voluntary work contribute or damage my immigration process.

Any thoughts?

Cheers.

Rod.
any response will be appreciated

·
Registered
31 Posts
if it is not paid for, it's not counted towards experience
Thanks to answer, can you give me your advice, I've two cases
First, work with INGOs Organization voluntary contract I'm working there full time but in my contract not Mentioned that, however I receipt all payments as cash by check and in another side the job description is different with my occupation but the duties that I've done in 100% related my occupation and its Mentioned in my contract. Is that acceptable.

Second, I'm working with software solution company based in Iraq and I live currently in Jordan and the work with my company is out-sourcing and all jobs manage with remotely, Is that acceptable to acquire experience with them..

more thanks

1 - 4 of 4 Posts