Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
380 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

Iam filling online visa application for 175/176. But Iam facing a strange behavior of the website on the following 2 locations

Your spouse/de facto partner's contact telephone numbers

Even though I update my spouse contact telephone numbers mobile, it is still showing my mobile number and office number.

This is worrying me as they have mention
***In the course of processing this application, the department may need to contact your partner****

Actually if I update the mobile number and press Save and see again my spouse mobile number is being shown, but once I close the entire application and come back a later time that mobile number is not updated and it shows my mobile number instead of my spouse mobile number

Provide details of your current postal address. If your postal address is different, please amend the following details.

Now as my residential address and postal address are different, I put my office address here, but stil once I come back again at a later time, it shows me my residential address.

Its very strange to me as this UPDATE problem is not working properly only in these 2 locations of visa application. I dont know whether there is some bug or Iam working too hard :eek:

Kindly let me know if anyone else face the same issue.

·
Registered
380 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
One more point

Last week I took a print out of 175 visa application and now I have observed the following.

The printout application is displaying the correct spouse mobile number and correct postal address of office, whereas online application is not displaying this correctly and showing my mobile number and spouse mobile number as same and my residential address and postal address as same.

Really strange :(

·
Registered
380 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hello guys

Please help. I just created a new online 176 application just to check and the same issue exists.

1. In spouse mobile number, my mobile number is being show although I try to modify it many times

2. My postal address is being show same as my residential address although I try to update my postal address many times.

Please help

·
Registered
200 Posts
Hello guys

Please help. I just created a new online 176 application just to check and the same issue exists.

1. In spouse mobile number, my mobile number is being show although I try to modify it many times

2. My postal address is being show same as my residential address although I try to update my postal address many times.

Please help
It is allright. it shows the same way for all applications. as long as the printout has the correct details you have no cause to worry

·
Registered
78 Posts
Hi

Iam filling online visa application for 175/176. But Iam facing a strange behavior of the website on the following 2 locations

Your spouse/de facto partner's contact telephone numbers

Even though I update my spouse contact telephone numbers mobile, it is still showing my mobile number and office number.

This is worrying me as they have mention
***In the course of processing this application, the department may need to contact your partner****

Actually if I update the mobile number and press Save and see again my spouse mobile number is being shown, but once I close the entire application and come back a later time that mobile number is not updated and it shows my mobile number instead of my spouse mobile number

Provide details of your current postal address. If your postal address is different, please amend the following details.

Now as my residential address and postal address are different, I put my office address here, but stil once I come back again at a later time, it shows me my residential address.

Its very strange to me as this UPDATE problem is not working properly only in these 2 locations of visa application. I dont know whether there is some bug or Iam working too hard :eek:

Kindly let me know if anyone else face the same issue.
Imran u need not to worry cuz u have to input spouse details every time unless u submit the application and not save it for future.. same thing happened to my application as well

·
Registered
380 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yes you are right. Iam not sure whether this is a bug DIAC is aware of or this has been deliberately done.

·
Registered
760 Posts
Yes you are right. Iam not sure whether this is a bug DIAC is aware of or this has been deliberately done.
Haha...its not deliberate....may be DIAC wanted all applicants to be on their toes straightaway from the outset....

We've been through this all....trivial matters sometimes looked like decisive....it seems as though its the end of it all....let me tell you until one is providing all requisite information honestly and accurately.... he/she is destined to achieve objectives....

best luck !

·
Registered
353 Posts
:) Clearly a bug. The problem occurs when you select that your address is the same as your spouse's. The program copies all your details on the spouse's irrespective of data being present already. So if you don't change the spouse telephone number everytime you come to that page the wrong phone number would get updated.

Me and my wife both were discussing the same when we filled our application. That's why Oz needs IT pros like us ;)

·
Registered
380 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Haha...its not deliberate....may be DIAC wanted all applicants to be on their toes straightaway from the outset....

We've been through this all....trivial matters sometimes looked like decisive....it seems as though its the end of it all....let me tell you until one is providing all requisite information honestly and accurately.... he/she is destined to achieve objectives....

best luck !
Thanks Hassan. Yes its just the start of journey... still a long way to go :)
But confident to achieve the objectives as all members are really helpful here.

·
Registered
380 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
:) Clearly a bug. The problem occurs when you select that your address is the same as your spouse's. The program copies all your details on the spouse's irrespective of data being present already. So if you don't change the spouse telephone number everytime you come to that page the wrong phone number would get updated.

Me and my wife both were discussing the same when we filled our application. That's why Oz needs IT pros like us ;)
Nice positive thinking :)

One more thing, even if we select NO as "your address is same as your spouse".
We can see spouse mobile number once we come back later, but still the postal address is showing same as the residential address.

Anyways, so the workaround would be just to update the desired values once we are ready to do the payment, because problem occurs if we come back at a later stage.

:)

·
Registered
630 Posts
Nice positive thinking :)

One more thing, even if we select NO as "your address is same as your spouse".
We can see spouse mobile number once we come back later, but still the postal address is showing same as the residential address.

Anyways, so the workaround would be just to update the desired values once we are ready to do the payment, because problem occurs if we come back at a later stage.

:)
Its normal, just ignore it, what ends up on the printed paper is the right stuff. However i was wondering how you applied for 175 + 176 at the same time both online ? as diac only allows 1 visa type online, Unless i misunderstood.

·
Registered
380 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Its normal, just ignore it, what ends up on the printed paper is the right stuff. However i was wondering how you applied for 175 + 176 at the same time both online ? as diac only allows 1 visa type online, Unless i misunderstood.
Good question. Actually I have fully prepared my 175 and 176 online application. Waiting for NSW result. If result is positive I will apply for 176, otherwise will go for 175.

So to save time, completed all the online application and just need to pay. So depending on NSW result, will proceed with 175 or 176 :)

·
Registered
353 Posts
DIAC is doing business. If one is ready to pay for 175 and 176 they are happy to process both. There is a thread where many people have done that. Many have done both online I am sure.

I don't think the online system does a check and allows only one application per passport.

·
Registered
630 Posts
DIAC is doing business. If one is ready to pay for 175 and 176 they are happy to process both. There is a thread where many people have done that. Many have done both online I am sure.

I don't think the online system does a check and allows only one application per passport.
That's not true actually, online you can either apply for 175 OR 176 , however the ones you talk about did both of them by sending 1 of them ONLINE & The other Paper based, that works and is allowed and of course tehy

in this case he hasn't submitted them yet.

·
Registered
380 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
That's not true actually, online you can either apply for 175 OR 176 , however the ones you talk about did both of them by sending 1 of them ONLINE & The other Paper based, that works and is allowed and of course tehy

in this case he hasn't submitted them yet.

Dont know whether its possible or not, but probably anyone pressing "Submit Payment " button concurrently from 2 different machines might be able to submit 175 and 176. Could be possible that they have catered for this scenario, but still its really a huge amount only to test this scenario.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.