Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When filling out the online visa application form for the UK Spouse visa, im a bit confused on a few things. Under the employment tab on the online application it asked for my employment information. I am employed full time and i am a retail supervisor, but I am not salaried employment. So on usual weeks i will work a 40 hour work week, but occasionally it will be less than that. My paychecks are bi weekly and usually differ quite extensively because of different and varying hours that my job requires. The exact question is What is your total monthly income from all sources of employment or occupation, after tax? Again, every month this differs and i never have really a set paycheck, what do i need to put as an appropriate response?

·
Registered
39,105 Posts
In your case (non-salaried employment), you take an average over 6 months.

·
Registered
7,374 Posts
Aren't you the applicant?

Are you completing Appendix 2?

Presume you are applying based on your spouse's income.

In which case your income is not relevant - it won't be taken into consideration - presumably you won't be in this employment when you enter the UK.

It's your spouse's income which counts.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
On the actual on line application, not the appendix 2 form, the actual one you submit online it specifically asks for the Applicants employment information, although I know its my spouses income that matters, I want to make sure I answer everything as truthfully to my best knowledge

·
Registered
7,374 Posts
Just take an average of your income monthly.

You presumably are not sending in documentary proof of your income (that is down to your sponsor) so you don't need to be exact down to the last penny.

They just want an idea of what you do .

·
Registered
32 Posts
basing it from my recent experience, on that section of the on line application, an approximation of your monthly average income is good enough then if you want to expound more, you can explain it further on part 8 - additional information. (not really needed but I did it anyway just to be on a safer side) Hope this helps! good luck

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.