Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi I have just submitted my stepdaughters child settlement visa application online.
We are applying from Manila. I believe that all supporting documents should be sent to Sheffield nowadays, however what about the printed VAF4A and appendix 2- should i put these 2 forms with the supporting documents bundle for Sheffield or will my stepdaughter take them to VFS Manila? Or both locations should have the 2 forms?
Thanks

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Can anybody please help me with my question, The biometrics appointment is on Thursday and I'm returning to UK this evening with all the supporting documents ready to mail to Sheffield on Monday. Should I take VAF4A and appendix 2 with me or leave them here to be handed in on Thursday in VFS Manila.
Please help if somebody knows, I understand that this is a new process for Philippine applications, has anyone submitted recently? Thanks

·
Registered
39,247 Posts
I think the safe thing is to create two copies each and she takes one set to her appointment while you send another set to Sheffield. Or if you already have all the supporting documents, you can get them scanned at her biometric appointment for extra fee of PHP 3,780 (around £60). Your passport can be a photocopy.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the advice Joppa, I'm at the airport already with all documents so I will ask my wife to print off and take the the app 2 and VAF4A forms that we saved on her laptop to stepdaughters biometrics on Thurs. Unfortunately this info was not clear on the VFS website.

We decided to mail originals and copies to Sheffield in case important documents could possibly be omitted by VFS staff scanning as we have loads. Fingers crossed Royal Mail won't lose our document package as it's bloomin' priceless.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Just a quick update to help people in the future.
If you want to mail your documents to Sheffield then only a copy of the VAF4A application form is needed at the biometrics appointment at VFS Manila. The original application form and appendix 2 plus all other documentation should be sent to Sheffield. However there is an option to have VFS scan your originals to Sheffield instead if you prefer as stated by Joppa.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.