Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Online payment - how did you guys do it?

2K views 13 replies 7 participants last post by  rvijaysubs 
#1 ·
Hi,

How did you guys pay for the DIAC application? My credit card has a low credit limit. The DIAC application Approximately costs INR 1.6 lakhs and I have found no one yet who has that much credit limit.

Is there any other option for making the payment. Debit cards? Online money transfer? I never wanted to go to the agents but it seems I'll have to go finally (for the payment).

Vijay.

#2 ·
I also faced the same problem...Unfortunately the bank didnt raise my credit limit..It didnt help me at all in this matter...
Fortunately one of my friend in australia agreed to give his credit card...
I dont think you have any other option except finding someone who has this limit...
try talking to your bank if they are ready to let this transaction happen via your debit card...(HDFC refused to do even this)...

#3 ·
lifeisgood said:
I also faced the same problem...Unfortunately the bank didnt raise my credit limit..It didnt help me at all in this matter...
Fortunately one of my friend in australia agreed to give his credit card...
I dont think you have any other option except finding someone who has this limit...
try talking to your bank if they are ready to let this transaction happen via your debit card...(HDFC refused to do even this)...
So you say debit card payment is possible? And is accepted by DIAC?

Vijay.

#4 · (Edited)
Forget the agents, Do it with a DEBIT CARD, debit cards (mastercard / visa) are also accepted and work flawlessly. Make sure you fill up your account with enough cash and that your debit card supports visa/mastercard and not one of those local ones. If that fails check if your bank has put a limit on ur debit card and ask them to up it, or apply to another bank that can give u high limit debit or credit card.

Honestly i had no idea it was hard to get a high limit credit card in India, as 1.6Lakhs is nothing these days with all the inflation :| , here in the Gulf its pretty easy to have high limit.

#5 ·
Debit card is definitely possible, I paid YESTERDAY with a debit card and received by confirmation email today.

#8 ·
Well actually there's a limit to that too and thats why I was stuck..:(...
Talk to your bank and ask them if they will allow this transaction....
As mentioned earlier,HDFC didnt let me do it...

#10 ·
There shouldn't be a limit, the limit is normally how ever much you have in your account, at least that is how it is in the UK. What they might do is decline the transaction if it is for large amounts of money or they think it is a suspicious transaction. My bank normally calls be up almost immediately to verify the transaction and trying again then normally works.

I would call your bank up to verify. Or try to find a rich friend as shafaqat309 says :) (or maybe a relative living abroad?)

#11 ·
JimJams said:
There shouldn't be a limit, the limit is normally how ever much you have in your account, at least that is how it is in the UK. What they might do is decline the transaction if it is for large amounts of money or they think it is a suspicious transaction. My bank normally calls be up almost immediately to verify the transaction and trying again then normally works.

I would call your bank up to verify. Or try to find a rich friend as shafaqat309 says :) (or maybe a relative living abroad?)
That's the only option left, I guess. A rich friend or a relative living outside India. Just enquired my bank and they say there are limits to even debit card transactions.

So every Indian on this forum used a relative's/friend's card to pay :)

Vijay.

#12 ·
we used our credit card, fortunately we had a much higher limit, infact our limit was almost 4 times the amount, debit cards these days, specially in India have a limit because of security reasons, cant do much on that front, speak to a friend who has a higher limit, I doubt any debit card will let you pay from India as most have a limit of mazimum 50,000 INR unless it is a corporate account or a current account

#13 ·
I also had a similar problem e.g i had to pay around 390,000 in SLR but my credit limit was 150,000 SLR.So I made a payment for my credit card of 250,000 and automatically your credit limit is increased to 400,000.

Why not try it, some times you might have to call the card company and authorize after making the payment.Most CC companies are fuzzy in increasing your credit limit but if you make the payment for the card a/c ..then there wont be a problem..since it automatically allows to pay.:eyebrows:

#14 ·
smin said:
I also had a similar problem e.g i had to pay around 390,000 in SLR but my credit limit was 150,000 SLR.So I made a payment for my credit card of 250,000 and automatically your credit limit is increased to 400,000.

Why not try it, some times you might have to call the card company and authorize after making the payment.Most CC companies are fuzzy in increasing your credit limit but if you make the payment for the card a/c ..then there wont be a problem..since it automatically allows to pay.:eyebrows:
Ohh. Nice idea. I will have to talk to the credit card bank if they would allow such transactions. They should if we think logically but here, the Indian banks defy logic.

What really pisses me off is that in this era, we can't make a transaction of mere 1.6 INR. :)

Vijay.

Vijay.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.