Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

Is the application for settlement (wife) meant to be filled out online (through Visa4UK) or the original mail-in version? If online, how do we go about submitting documents? Also, how long is the processing time normal vs. expedited? Thank you!

·
Super Moderator
18,107 Posts
You fill out the online VA4FA, submit, pay and book a biometrics appointment. You also download Appendix 2 and fill it out by hand. Once you have had your biometrics taken post your application, supporting documents, Appendix 2 and your biometric's receipt to Sheffield for processing.

Priority processing places your application ahead of non-priority applications. There are no guaranteed processing times. At the moment it seems like priority is taking 6 weeks to 2 months.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You fill out the online VA4FA, submit, pay and book a biometrics appointment. You also download Appendix 2 and fill it out by hand. Once you have had your biometrics taken post your application, supporting documents, Appendix 2 and your biometric's receipt to Sheffield for processing.

Priority processing places your application ahead of non-priority applications. There are no guaranteed processing times. At the moment it seems like priority is taking 6 weeks to 2 months.
Thank you, Nyclon.

Just to confirm the 28 day rule regarding documents applies once the application is paid for not when the application was started, correct?

Also, can you please help by clarifying the following questions as I am trying to get this done as soon as possible:

1. Have you ever travel to the UK in the last 10 years? (does this include the times I traveled to and from the UK on my spousal visa or is it only visits previous to my visa?)

2. Have you made an application to the home office to remain in the UK in the last 10 years? (is this referring to my previous spouse visa/fiancée visa?)

3. While on my spousal visa I received quite a bit of medical care. The healthcare section only allows me to add one time. How do I go about this?

4. Would it be beneficial to include details of our home, dog, family ties, additional medical information in the additional information section?

Thank you so much for your help in answering these questions.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Also? What is the additional cost for a priority application. I really appreciate your help and I believe last time I snapped at you and I am sorry. I can't believe I didn't realize that I let my visa expire without renewing it thinking That the next renewal was a separate thing! I know better for next time :)

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Also my husband works for a company that is based in Texas. but he is paid by a company in the united kingdom. Do we apply as income from salary to employment in the UK or income from salaried employment overseas (with a job offer in the UK)?

·
Registered
8,070 Posts
From reading your earlier post it would appear you entered the UK on a fiance visa, got married, obtained the initial spouse visa, returned to the US and let your initial visa lapse.

You were advised that you could not apply for the FLR(M) visa from overseas.

You are now applying, again, for the initial spouse visa.

If the above is correct, then

1. Yes

2. Yes

3. Input your last medical treatment and include additional evidence in letter or statement -as you were in the UK on visa then you were eligible to use the NHS so would not worry about this too much

4. Explain your situation - had visa, let it lapse.

Think you need to explain your husband's situation. Is he in the UK working? Whether the company is based in Texas is immaterial if he is working and paying taxes in the UK.

Under which category are you applying? A or B? or savings etc

·
Super Moderator
18,107 Posts
4 is irrelevant. They don't care about your personal life.

You are not applying with overseas income. That is for someone whose spouse has not yet returned to the UK. Is he considered self-employed with HMRC?

Priority processing form the US costs $700.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
From reading your earlier post it would appear you entered the UK on a fiance visa, got married, obtained the initial spouse visa, returned to the US and let your initial visa lapse.

You were advised that you could not apply for the FLR(M) visa from overseas.

You are now applying, again, for the initial spouse visa.

If the above is correct, then

1. Yes

2. Yes

3. Input your last medical treatment and include additional evidence in letter or statement -as you were in the UK on visa then you were eligible to use the NHS so would not worry about this too much

4. Explain your situation - had visa, let it lapse.

Think you need to explain your husband's situation. Is he in the UK working? Whether the company is based in Texas is immaterial if he is working and paying taxes in the UK.

Under which category are you applying? A or B? or savings etc
Correct. I am applying for the Settlement (Wife) visa. Back to square one.

He is in the UK working. Pays taxes in the UK. We're applying under category A - he's been employed since 2014.

Thank you for your reply. I'm also stuck on the Family Details section. It's asking for my marital status, if my spouse is traveling with me, and then asks for passport details. Is this my details or his?

I will include the lapse in both the additional information section and a letter. As far as my NHS info goes, I will submit as much documentation as I can however I do not tend to keep things like letters, etc.

I can't imagine why it would but it shouldn't be an issue that I let my initial visa lapse should it? Hopefully more of a stupid mistake than anything.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.