Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
816 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dear forum members,

I would like to know if diplomas obtained online are accepted by Vetassess and DIAC.

After having received a negative assessment due to my qualification not being at the required level, I'd like to get the proper diploma. And as I am working full time, I'd rather opt for an online course. I found one and could start any Monday.

Also, question for UK citizens/residents.
How can I know if the diploma I am going for is equal to an AQF diploma?
I have sent an email to my CO at Vetassess, but he does not reply. The online course I'm interested in is proposing a level 5 diploma.

Looking forward to your replies
Many thanks

·
Registered
816 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
:bump:

Has anyone got information about my questions?

·
Registered
1,970 Posts
Dear forum members,

I would like to know if diplomas obtained online are accepted by Vetassess and DIAC.

After having received a negative assessment due to my qualification not being at the required level, I'd like to get the proper diploma. And as I am working full time, I'd rather opt for an online course. I found one and could start any Monday.

Also, question for UK citizens/residents.
How can I know if the diploma I am going for is equal to an AQF diploma?
I have sent an email to my CO at Vetassess, but he does not reply. The online course I'm interested in is proposing a level 5 diploma.

Looking forward to your replies
Many thanks
Hey

Sorry to hear that. What happened ? You can't proceed further for SS that means unless you take up a course and complete it ?

Best regards,
JR

·
Registered
991 Posts
:bump:

Has anyone got information about my questions?
Hey Laurinoz,

I might not have an answer to your question. But why dont you consider an online course from OZ itself, by this you are certain of the level of the diploma.

·
Registered
816 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hey

Sorry to hear that. What happened ? You can't proceed further for SS that means unless you take up a course and complete it ?

Best regards,
JR
Vetassess does not consider my Diploma of Hospitality at the level of an AQF diploma. Therefore, they cannot give me a positive outcome, despite the experience being highly relevant.
So no SS or visa for me now. I'll keep "patience" as a middle name for a a bit longer :rolleyes:

·
Registered
816 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hey Laurinoz,

I might not have an answer to your question. But why dont you consider an online course from OZ itself, by this you are certain of the level of the diploma.
Hi Snarayan,

I have not found an online one at the required level yet from Oz.
But you are right, I should keep looking.

·
Registered
1,970 Posts
Vetassess does not consider my Diploma of Hospitality at the level of an AQF diploma. Therefore, they cannot give me a positive outcome, despite the experience being highly relevant.
So no SS or visa for me now. I'll keep "patience" as a middle name for a a bit longer :rolleyes:
Oh sorry man for that. But still there are ways to go like IELTS 20 points etc ? If you manage to meet 60 points, are you eligible ? Or you can also look for TR 489 which gives you 10 points. I am not sure even in that case your education is mandatory. But yes since Veta should give a go, I think ?

Well yes patience pays of dude. We are all patient, don't worry we all go together soon :) Keep looking for alternatives or enrolling in a course as you needed.

Best regards,
JR

·
Registered
991 Posts
Oh sorry man for that. But still there are ways to go like IELTS 20 points etc ? If you manage to meet 60 points, are you eligible ? Or you can also look for TR 489 which gives you 10 points. I am not sure even in that case your education is mandatory. But yes since Veta should give a go, I think ?

Well yes patience pays of dude. We are all patient, don't worry we all go together soon :) Keep looking for alternatives or enrolling in a course as you needed.

Best regards,
JR
JR
YOu need a positive skills assessment, no matter you score 100 points.

·
Registered
816 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

Best regards,
JR
Thanks buddy

Snarayan is right. I can't do anything without a positive assessment.
Let's hope I can find the right course.
Still waiting for someone who can help, hopefully one of the moderator will know :fingerscrossed:

·
Registered
1,970 Posts
Thanks buddy

Snarayan is right. I can't do anything without a positive assessment.
Let's hope I can find the right course.
Still waiting for someone who can help, hopefully one of the moderator will know :fingerscrossed:
Thanks snarayan for having this clarified to me.

Laurinoz, no problem, you will find one soon and quickly register and try to complete as soon as possible. Hope somebody will shed light on the resources for you.

Best regards,
JR

1 - 10 of 10 Posts