Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

I'm not moving to Dubai but stumbled across this forum and you people seem very knowledgeable and helpful, so i have 2 questions....

What's the story with online betting in Dubai?

I'm coming over for the Dubai World Cup next weekend and want to have a bet on the races - i know it cant be done at the track but what's the situation with using online betting companies.

I've just asked Paddy Power on their website and they say there are no restrictions, however i'm sceptical! They might not have restrictions but the local mr policeman might - i don't fancy being arrested!!

Second one is regarding alcohol at Meydan on race night, will i be able to get a beer? I have an apron ticket and have seen mention of a 'bubbly bar'......

Thanks very much in advance!

·
Registered
3,294 Posts
Gambling is illegal and there is a proxy service in place blocking online bookies, exchanges, poker rooms etc. The ways around it can't be mentioned here ;)

As for alcohol, the world cup is more Aintree than Ascot. Lots of woman looking classy at 3pm and fighting in the toilet queue with broken heels and laddered tights later.

·
Registered
2,190 Posts
I`m not a big gambler, although I play poker online most days without any restrictions or the use of a VPN. I had a friend over staying who is a real beting man and while he was here he used my phone to place online bets with BetFair without any problems or special requirements.

·
Registered
34 Posts
I have logged on to Paddy Power a few times with no problems.

Haven't placed a bet yet, but I can go through the motions and the website 'feels' normal, so I don't think you will have any troubles.

As for the drinking, wouldn't be surprised if they have built a hotel on site, just to serve booze.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.