Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

we will move to Australia in Nov 2012, however, I wonder if I can transfer money on an online bank account from an Australian Bank now?
I want to have my money in AUS$ now not in € (due to the Greek election in advance)
Anybody an idea?
I have no visa yet but I'm quite sure I will get one - so it needs to an online bank account which I can handle from Germany (registration etc.)

Thanks ML

·
Registered
353 Posts
Hi

we will move to Australia in Nov 2012, however, I wonder if I can transfer money on an online bank account from an Australian Bank now?
I want to have my money in AUS$ now not in € (due to the Greek election in advance)
Anybody an idea?
I have no visa yet but I'm quite sure I will get one - so it needs to an online bank account which I can handle from Germany (registration etc.)

Thanks ML
You can open an Aussie migrant bank account and transfer money into it. You cannot withdraw that money though. The account can only have credits. Once you arrive in Oz and show the bank your passport and visa they will give you your debit card and enable it for withdrawal.

Unfortunately, online banking facility is not enabled until you arrive here.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You can open an Aussie migrant bank account and transfer money into it. You cannot withdraw that money though. The account can only have credits. Once you arrive in Oz and show the bank your passport and visa they will give you your debit card and enable it for withdrawal.

Unfortunately, online banking facility is not enabled until you arrive here.

Thanks this helps. Does every bank offer such a migrant account or is this a governmental thing??

Matthias

·
Registered
353 Posts
Thanks this helps. Does every bank offer such a migrant account or is this a governmental thing??

Matthias
All the big 4 have this facility - NAB, ANZ, CommonWealth and Westpac. I opened NAB and quite happy with it. I am sure all are good.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.