Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dear all,
For online application, If we pay using a debit card instead of a credit card, is it that we can save on the extra charges that is debited while we use a credit card? Please update me on this. Which method of payment is preferred?

Thanks....

·
Registered
230 Posts
movetoaus said:
Dear all,
For online application, If we pay using a debit card instead of a credit card, is it that we can save on the extra charges that is debited while we use a credit card? Please update me on this. Which method of payment is preferred?

Thanks....
What extra costs are you referring to? If it is the Forex charges, i believe they would apply to even debit card as well. I always prefer paying such huge amounts through credit card than using my bank a/c debit cards. But thats just my thoughts.

·
Registered
4,518 Posts
The cost of the visa is the same regardless of the method of payment. Any additional charges are attributable to your bank and you'll have to query that with them, as most banks will charge you an extra fee for transactions in a different currency but as has already been pointed out, if you're dealing with the same bank, that fee would be the same regardless of whether you pay by credit or debit card. The difference would be there is interest payable on credit card transactions if you do not pay off your bill in full whereas with debit cards, the money is debited straight from your account, so other than a transaction fee, there won't be any other charges.

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
Which "extra charges" are you exactly talking about ?
ASAIK; it doesnt make a difference ...
If you are applying online then you gotta the fees online..There's no other way out. It can be a credit card, debit card...

Dear all,

Thanks....

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Which "extra charges" are you exactly talking about ?
ASAIK; it doesnt make a difference ...
If you are applying online then you gotta the fees online..There's no other way out. It can be a credit card, debit card...
forex charges. I was thinking the forex charges are not applied or less if we use a debit card.

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
DIAC itself does not levy any charges...
You might be charged by the bank for making a foreign transaction ...you gotta ask your bank regarding this
:)

forex charges. I was thinking the forex charges are not applied or less if we use a debit card.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.