Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello All.

I am going to be visting the uk for around 5 month with my british husband (I,m American). We are both going to be returning to the us after our visit. My question is, can i come in on a one way ticket? We will be buying the returning ticket near the end of our visit.

Will this be a problem at immigration?

Thanks, Essie.

·
Registered
631 Posts
Hello All.

I am going to be visting the uk for around 5 month with my british husband (I,m American). We are both going to be returning to the us after our visit. My question is, can i come in on a one way ticket? We will be buying the returning ticket near the end of our visit.

Thanks, Essie.
I'm not an immigration officer, but I would think it is suspect if you are going to be there 5 months without a return ticket. If you will be there 5 months, then I'd expect that you don't have a job that can give you a letter saying you are expected back to work on (with a date) or a lease which shows that you have housing in the US to go back to.

M

·
Registered
7,271 Posts
Hello All.

Thanks, Essie.
Very bad idea ......

·
Registered
7,271 Posts
Hello All.

Thanks, Essie.
How is your husband going to be able to get back into the US?

According to earlier posts he's overstayed his visa by almost a year and is going to get an automatic three year ban if he leaves the US.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.