Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can I enter Dubai on a one way ticket? I'm moving out there to start working will there be a problem as I will be on a visit visa

Thanks

·
Banned
6,690 Posts
Oh and just to add, another Geordie....

I tell yer marra there's a few of us here like!

Mackums and smoggies to mind bonny lad so watch yer back!

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Oh and just to add, another Geordie....

I tell yer marra there's a few of us here like!

Mackums and smoggies to mind bonny lad so watch yer back!
Phew thats a load off lol. Ive just bought a one way ticket lol. Im moving out there in January and theres two more geordies following a month later. Whereabout you living? I'm staying with a friend in al qusais till i get myself sorted

·
Banned
6,690 Posts
Phew thats a load off lol. Ive just bought a one way ticket lol. Im moving out there in January and theres two more geordies following a month later. Whereabout you living? I'm staying with a friend in al qusais till i get myself sorted
Well I'm sure you'll find me somewhere......

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Nope, can't stand the place - nor Longs bar either, so it's somewhat more salubrious bars in Bur Dubai you might find me.....
Ive only been to dubai once in the summer, the only places we went was the irish village, fibber maggees and rock bottoms we went to a few hotel bars but they were rubbish

·
Banned
6,690 Posts
Ive only been to dubai once in the summer, the only places we went was the irish village, fibber maggees and rock bottoms we went to a few hotel bars but they were rubbish
Well it all depends on what you want, eg. cheap beer and an interesting and friendly clientele - well that's one or 4 bars i can think about. Stoopidly expensive and full of "business ladies" well that's most of the places in Marina and area....

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Well it all depends on what you want, eg. cheap beer and an interesting and friendly clientele - well that's one or 4 bars i can think about. Stoopidly expensive and full of "business ladies" well that's most of the places in Marina and area....
I've only been once and it was just before ramidan so it was quiet. i think my mates will prefer stoopidly expensive full of business ladies, i really dont care as long as its good.

What do you do over there? how long you lived there?

·
Banned
6,690 Posts
I've only been once and it was just before ramidan so it was quiet. i think my mates will prefer stoopidly expensive full of business ladies, i really dont care as long as its good.

What do you do over there? how long you lived there?
"stoopidly expensive full of business ladies" means it's a rip off bar full of whores mate!

been here 5 years, got my own business....

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
"stoopidly expensive full of business ladies" means it's a rip off bar full of whores mate!

been here 5 years, got my own business....
York international then lol, if it was 5 years ago when you came might the rules on entering on a visit visa with a one way ticket changed? i'm a bit concerned like

·
Banned
6,690 Posts
York international then lol, if it was 5 years ago when you came might the rules on entering on a visit visa with a one way ticket changed? i'm a bit concerned like
No mate, Yorks isn't a rip off bar - try bar 42 or budda bar - they are!

What makes you think I've just come here once?

·
Registered
1,553 Posts
When I brought my wife and kids over, they came on a one way ticket, and got visit visas on arrival.

Don't think that much has changed in 2 years

·
Registered
41 Posts
I got here on the 2nd of this month, with my wife and daugther. We all had one way tickets, didn't run into any problems and got visit visas on arrival.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.