Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
427 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, My mother-in-law has been granted a 3-year visitor visa with the following conditions:

8501 - MAINTAIN HEALTH INSURANCE
8503 - NO FURTHER STAY
8558 - MAXIMUM 12 MONTHS STAY IN 18 MONTHS
8101 - NO WORK
8201 - MAXIMUM 3 MONTHS STUDY

Since my wife is pregnant, we are planning to have her come over for around 6 months to help us out. Since she can stay for up to 1 year at a time in an 18 month period, would it cause any issues if we got her a one-way ticket for now and book her return ticket later on or would immigration expect her to have a return ticket booked when she arrives?

·
Registered
1,574 Posts
Hello, My mother-in-law has been granted a 3-year visitor visa with the following conditions:

8501 - MAINTAIN HEALTH INSURANCE
8503 - NO FURTHER STAY
8558 - MAXIMUM 12 MONTHS STAY IN 18 MONTHS
8101 - NO WORK
8201 - MAXIMUM 3 MONTHS STUDY

Since my wife is pregnant, we are planning to have her come over for around 6 months to help us out. Since she can stay for up to 1 year at a time in an 18 month period, would it cause any issues if we got her a one-way ticket for now and book her return ticket later on or would immigration expect her to have a return ticket booked when she arrives?

AFAIK, one of the conditions for Visitor visa is to show both ways, air tickets.

In my opinion, buy two ways, and get the return ticket cancelled once your M-I-L arrives, in this way ,you avoid any hassles and may lose a little amount of money in cancelling the return tickets.

Good luck

·
Registered
13 Posts
Hi, my wife and I arrived here for a 3 month stay i.e. visiting our daughters and doing a couple of tours. Because we did not know what date we were leaving we came in on a one way ticket. This did not cause a problem and we bought our on going ticket here, once we had settled on a date.

·
Registered
427 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi, my wife and I arrived here for a 3 month stay i.e. visiting our daughters and doing a couple of tours. Because we did not know what date we were leaving we came in on a one way ticket. This did not cause a problem and we bought our on going ticket here, once we had settled on a date.
Thanks! I did some googling around and it seemed like several people advised that coming with a one-way ticket was taking a bit of risk in case the airlines raised an issue. Just to be safe, I've got her a return ticket.

Reactions: southafricanstooz
1 - 4 of 4 Posts