Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Bev

One last thing I just remembered.
At the end of the form they ask if you've ever been in France longer than 3 months.
And in my case, yes I have. At the moment I'm 6 weeks overdue and by the time I leave it will be 8 weeks.

I have to tell them because it will be evident on my passport...but they want to know why etc.
In my case it really was ignorance and also wasting time looking for solutions.
Should I tell them that?
I don't know if staying overtime will effect my application or not???

Cheers again
Tanja

·
Administrator
50,773 Posts
I'm not sure if overstaying your time will affect your application or not. Given the way the French do things, asking if you've been in France longer than 3 months could be a roundabout way of asking if you've ever had a visa before for France.

Do you actually get your passport stamped on entry and departure from France? As a US national, I only rarely got stamped either coming or going. I would tend to let that question slide if I were you. It's not terribly likely someone is going to go through your passport to match up entry and exit stamps, but go with what feels right for you.
Cheers,
Bev

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm not sure if overstaying your time will affect your application or not. Given the way the French do things, asking if you've been in France longer than 3 months could be a roundabout way of asking if you've ever had a visa before for France.

Do you actually get your passport stamped on entry and departure from France? As a US national, I only rarely got stamped either coming or going. I would tend to let that question slide if I were you. It's not terribly likely someone is going to go through your passport to match up entry and exit stamps, but go with what feels right for you.
Cheers,
Bev
Thank you so much for all your answers...all your help. I truly appreciate it.
Warm Blessings
Tanja

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.