Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a lovely piece of land in Talloires with views of lake Annecy that i have been trying to sell for about two years now at a price well below the sale price of all similar plots of land. All of the offers that have come to me, at exactly the same price, have been made by builders owned by this builder, or by people who live in the town where this builder lives.

I don't know what to do. i don't think i'm being paranoid. i've seen the same thing happen to other pieces of land. By way of example: A beautiful 1700 m2 piece of land in Annecy with fabulous views of the lake, sold after three years on the market for 500,000, a price well under the market price. Just five months after this sale a second piece of land of 1200 m2, with a similar view of the lake, sold in two months, for a price of 587,000 euros, a price 65% higher per m2. And then, after another few months, the first piece of property came up for sale with a house plan included, the land and house of 240 m2 together priced for 1,500,000. This combined house and lot sold quickly.

i think the same kind of maneuvering is happening to my land. Somehow buyers are being discouraged from buying it. And this builder, I believe, is trying to get me to sell at a ridiculously low price. Thank you for any help or advice.

·
Registered
4,909 Posts
It's not easy when you are up against the local mafia! You never know who is friends / relative etc with whom.

Try an immoblier some way away, who is less likely to in the local groupings? Or try a Dutch / UK / Belgian agent?

However, if the property is worth what you say it is, why have you not received offers at that price?

Or try putting an ad in the local paper yourself just to test the water?

DejW

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.