Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi

My wife finally got her visa and flew into the UK last week. We have finally been reunited after 1 whole year ! :)

I needed some advice on obtaining a NI number for my wife. Can she apply for one only if she gets a job with an employer, or can she apply for her N.I. while searching for work?

Also I know we will have to go thru the whole visa application thingy be bob again in 2.5 years to extend her leave to remain... during that time, if I lose my job, can I apply for benefits, eg Job seekers until I get another job, or will this have a negative effect?

thank you

·
Registered
39,037 Posts
Contact Jobcentre Plus (by phone or in person) now for NI number.
Yes, you cam apply for benefits. Make sure if asked you declare that your wife is subject to immigration control with no access to public funds.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
abidshaz, do you know if she has immediate access to NHS care (has she registered with a GP?), once she's got a spouse visa?
Yes from what I looked up on the NHS website she has access to full NHS care like any other citizen like me. I filled in GP registration form for her at my local surgery and she's been booked in for an initial check up this weekend. I've also registered her at my local dentist.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.