Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi friends,

I have got my SS to SA. But do i need to live there immediately for 2 years or i can also work in another state of OZ (if i get a job) and continue living in SA after a few years.

Kindly advise

·
Registered
8,429 Posts
No its a moral obligation but u have to live and work in SA for initial 2 years. after which you are free to go anywhere

·
Registered
8,429 Posts
yes thats right

·
Registered
233 Posts
No its a moral obligation but u have to live and work in SA for initial 2 years. after which you are free to go anywhere
Hi anj,

what u mean by moral obligation..? So, do u think that if u don't live over there for first 2 years,then u will not get any warnings or ... ??

Is there any option to transfer the SS for eg . if u get job in other state???

·
Registered
8,429 Posts
That is the reason why they ask fro a commitment statement to see how serious you are about the state and are not applying just to get the visa.

when I say moral, yes it is not a legal obligation but u never know how the department reacts when you apply for the citizenship, if u do it the legal way, contact the respective body and inform them that u do have a job in another state and take an official letter from them, it is possible, but it is a longer process.

This is what I understand should be the right way, I dont know if its the correct thing to do, or not. I suggest you contact an agent to check if it affects your long term plans.

·
Registered
3,375 Posts
I think it's more than a moral obligation:
Skilled – Sponsored (Migrant) Visa (Subclass 176)

If it was easy to get a job anywhere in any state and still keep this visa then the state doesn't have much interest in doing that. It's main aim is to keep the applicant in the state for the first 2 years.

Why would states bother if you could go anywhere once in AU?

Hi friends,

I have got my SS to SA. But do i need to live there immediately for 2 years or i can also work in another state of OZ (if i get a job) and continue living in SA after a few years.

Kindly advise

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
yes thats right
Hi Anj,

Since i have SS to SA, should i start living there right from validation or can i wait for a while to settle there for good. Cos i have a job in hand in China and currently working here. Could i validate and come back to China and continue working here and then after a few years settle in SA?

·
Registered
8,429 Posts
yes u can do that, as and when u move to AU, u hv to stay in the state for 2 yrs. But after a few years might hamper your citizenship plans. To apply for the same you need to be a resident for 4 years. Check the department website for details on citizenship.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
yes u can do that, as and when u move to AU, u hv to stay in the state for 2 yrs. But after a few years might hamper your citizenship plans. To apply for the same you need to be a resident for 4 years. Check the department website for details on citizenship.
Hi Anj,

Thanx a lot for the info. One more question i have. If my baby is born outside Oz, will the baby get the Baby Bonus as on Permanent Resident Visa or is it allocated to baby's only born in OZ?

·
Registered
8,429 Posts
you will have to apply for PR for the baby if not born in AU. which is not a very tedious procedure. You just need the passport for the baby, and you apply for the visa, the baby then gets a visa as a dependent. A few friends did this and it took 2 months from the passport to the visa

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
you will have to apply for PR for the baby if not born in AU. which is not a very tedious procedure. You just need the passport for the baby, and you apply for the visa, the baby then gets a visa as a dependent. A few friends did this and it took 2 months from the passport to the visa
But how about the baby benefits? Will the baby be eligible for Baby Bonus if not born in Oz?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts