Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there,

I've applied for a 176 visa (Vic), getting my medical examination tomorrow.

I was wondering, as said in the title, if a visa is granted for a limited time ?

In the optimistic view of getting mine granted,would I have X months to get in OZ ?

Thanks for your reply...

G

·
When you are granted your visa you will have to validate it by visiting Australia. You do not have to stay, you can return home straight away if you wish. You will be given a date by which you must enter to validate. This date will usually be 1 yr from the date you completed your medicals or police check, whichever was done first. The hope is you are granted your visa pretty soon after doing medicals but not always so.

Your visa is then valid for 5yrs, you can come and go as much as you want until it expires. If you are in Australia when it expires you can stay in Australia forever, but would need citizenship or a return resident visa to leave the country if you wanted to get back in.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks a lot Shel ! That's perfectly clear now !

I have lodged for the 176 visa online the 3rd of february and got an email back from my Case Officer on february 28th, asking me to send work certificates (I've forgot) and get the med.exams... I guess everything else is fine (PCC etc...) So hopefully, once the examination done, tomorrow, I'll have a quick answer ...

Thanks again !

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.