Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

My fiancee and I had some fantastic help regarding our fiancee visa questions on a previous thread a while ago. She (US citizen) and I (British citizen) began her application to join mein the UK last night and need clarification on some of the information required if possible.

For her marital status we entered unmarried partner, is this correct?

For her main purpose of visit to the UK we entered marriage and settlement, is this right?

It asks for my passports place of issue, requiring a city and country, my passport doesnt have this information so I just put England with UKPA for the authority question. Is this correct?

It asks how much I spend on total living costs, I added up my rent, council tax and all bills. Is this correct? Or does it need everything such as hair cuts, petrol, gym membership etc?

It requires my income. My income varies a little from month to month, so I used the last financial year, which is also the same 12 months as the bank statements I provided as our evidence . Is this correct?

I draw my rent in cash to give to my landlord's brother every month, so it's not shown on my bank statements as going out as rent, Is this ok?

Finally, In our supporting evidence we have a letter from my landlord confirming I live here, how long etc and that he's happy for my fiancee to live here. We also have my tenancy agreement showing I have this property until at least the end of the year.
My fiancee noticed that on the tenancy my landlords surname is spelled incorrectly, Bielby instead of Beilby. My landlord said this was a mistake made by the third party that put together the agreement. Should we include a letter just explaining this?

Many thanks for any help.

Jake

·
Registered
39,085 Posts
Hi all,

My fiancee and I had some fantastic help regarding our fiancee visa questions on a previous thread a while ago. She (US citizen) and I (British citizen) began her application to join mein the UK last night and need clarification on some of the information required if possible.

For her marital status we entered unmarried partner, is this correct?
Single, as she is applying as a fiancée.

For her main purpose of visit to the UK we entered marriage and settlement, is this right?
Yes.

It asks for my passports place of issue, requiring a city and country, my passport doesnt have this information so I just put England with UKPA for the authority question. Is this correct?
UK and IPS (UKPA if it's an older passport - doesn't matter).

It asks how much I spend on total living costs, I added up my rent, council tax and all bills. Is this correct? Or does it need everything such as hair cuts, petrol, gym membership etc?
Just the basic living costs without extras. Add food bills as well.

It requires my income. My income varies a little from month to month, so I used the last financial year, which is also the same 12 months as the bank statements I provided as our evidence . Is this correct?
OK.

I draw my rent in cash to give to my landlord's brother every month, so it's not shown on my bank statements as going out as rent, Is this ok?
Add an explanatory note.

Finally, in our supporting evidence we have a letter from my landlord confirming I live here, how long etc and that he's happy for my fiancee to live here. We also have my tenancy agreement showing I have this property until at least the end of the year.
My fiancee noticed that on the tenancy my landlords surname is spelled incorrectly, Bielby instead of Beilby. My landlord said this was a mistake made by the third party that put together the agreement. Should we include a letter just explaining this?
Wouldn't bother. Just cross out and correct with a pencil.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.