Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
And move to the sponsoring state for last two years. So that in 5 years, you can complete the obligation of living in sponsoring state for 2 years.

G

·
No. If you do not want to live in the state do not apply for state sponsorship taking sponsorship from someone who does want to live there.

Skilled – Sponsored (Migrant) Visa (Subclass 176)

1. You and any secondary applicants must comply with all Australian laws as permanent residents.

2. If you are nominated by a State or Territory government, you need to agree to:

remain in the State or Territory for a period of at least two years
keep the State or Territory government informed of changes in address details before and after arrival
be prepared to complete surveys and provide information as required.

http://www.migration.wa.gov.au/skilledmigration/Pages/AboutStateSponsorship.aspx

All successful applicants are required to:

commit to living and working in Western Australia for two years upon arrival;
participate in a survey every six months for two years; and
bring sufficient funds (for at least 3 months) into the State to cover settlement costs.

Skilled - Sponsored (176) Visa - Live in Victoria

You, and any sponsored dependants, must live in Victoria for the first two years of your sponsored visa. This two year period begins when you enter Australia permanently on your Skilled – Sponsored (176) visa.

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
I dont think that's possible...

And move to the sponsoring state for last two years. So that in 5 years, you can complete the obligation of living in sponsoring state for 2 years.

·
Registered
353 Posts
Nope!

·
Registered
76 Posts
I checked the same from Victorian State over telephone and they confirmed it has to be initial 2 years

·
Registered
8,429 Posts
that is possible but what happens when you apply for citizenship, no one knows :)

·
Registered
200 Posts
No. If you do not want to live in the state do not apply for state sponsorship taking sponsorship from someone who does want to live there.

Skilled – Sponsored (Migrant) Visa (Subclass 176)

1. You and any secondary applicants must comply with all Australian laws as permanent residents.

2. If you are nominated by a State or Territory government, you need to agree to:

remain in the State or Territory for a period of at least two years
keep the State or Territory government informed of changes in address details before and after arrival
be prepared to complete surveys and provide information as required.

http://www.migration.wa.gov.au/skilledmigration/Pages/AboutStateSponsorship.aspx

All successful applicants are required to:

commit to living and working in Western Australia for two years upon arrival;
participate in a survey every six months for two years; and
bring sufficient funds (for at least 3 months) into the State to cover settlement costs.

Skilled - Sponsored (176) Visa - Live in Victoria

You, and any sponsored dependants, must live in Victoria for the first two years of your sponsored visa. This two year period begins when you enter Australia permanently on your Skilled – Sponsored (176) visa.
Another question linked in a way is this

Is it okay if it is the secondary applicant who lives the first two years and if the primary applicant joins after two years?

In my case the missus is the primary applicant. Our plan is that I will come first and try and settle down while she continues to work so that atleast one income stream remains steady. Her plan is to join me in Perth after two years

·
Registered
59 Posts
Another question linked in a way is this

Is it okay if it is the secondary applicant who lives the first two years and if the primary applicant joins after two years?

In my case the missus is the primary applicant. Our plan is that I will come first and try and settle down while she continues to work so that atleast one income stream remains steady. Her plan is to join me in Perth after two years
You cannot enter before your wife if she is the main applicant. The rules state that all dependents must enter after or at the same time as the primary applicant. I guess you could probably both go over and then she could go back but I really think if they catch you they will kick you out. You probably won't be able to claim benefits or anything. Also this would mean that your 2 years of work would only start once she was working and living in the area.

I would say that it should rather be she goes first and gets settled while you continue to work (unless you don't have work), and then you go over. This is what my dh and I are planning on doing.

Regards

·
Registered
116 Posts
You cannot enter before your wife if she is the main applicant. The rules state that all dependents must enter after or at the same time as the primary applicant. I guess you could probably both go over and then she could go back but I really think if they catch you they will kick you out. You probably won't be able to claim benefits or anything. Also this would mean that your 2 years of work would only start once she was working and living in the area.

I would say that it should rather be she goes first and gets settled while you continue to work (unless you don't have work), and then you go over. This is what my dh and I are planning on doing.

Regards
Yes, you need to enter the state first with your wife after that she can come back and you can work in that state with that Visa. Once you settle you can bring her. That what i understand after reading lot of thread and from an agent. I am planing to do the same, If i am wrong Expert please guide me/as

·
Registered
200 Posts

Regards
If I understand it correctly entering with primary applicant is primarily based on conditions specifically imposed on the visa ( like the one about not getting married before validating the visa). If these conditions are not mentioned I can go before the primary applicant.

So I am not sure whether this is entirely accurate that visa holder will be kicked out. As far as I know visa can be cancelled if you have provided fraudulent information or of if you are involved in criminal activities neither of which apply here.

all of this is basis what I have read. it would be good to hear from expats who have had similar experiences

·
Registered
8,429 Posts
Pradip a friend was the main applicant but her husband came first and she followed in a couple of months after he booked a rental, got a job etc, she had called ACT (sponsored by ACT) and asked them if she can come a month or two after him as he was ready to move and she had to serve notice period of 3 months, they said it was alright as long as she did come after 2 months, this was a couple of years back

·
Registered
59 Posts
ok this is interesting as it would be great if your spouse could go over first. Everything I have read states you need to go first as the primary applicant. It would solve my issues as we were planning on me going (I'm primary) over first and then hubby following with the kids when school ends end Nov. If he could go first and get accommodation and place to stay and then I could follow that would work out better as at least we would have my higher salary to live on here for those couple of months. I will check with my agent and see what they say.

·
Registered
200 Posts
anj1976 said:
Pradip a friend was the main applicant but her husband came first and she followed in a couple of months after he booked a rental, got a job etc, she had called ACT (sponsored by ACT) and asked them if she can come a month or two after him as he was ready to move and she had to serve notice period of 3 months, they said it was alright as long as she did come after 2 months, this was a couple of years back
Right quick clarification. Both of us will enter together and validate the visa but she plans to go back to work in Dubai. While I stay back in Perth and get things sorted in terms job income et al. The question was whether this can cause any problems.

·
Registered
353 Posts
Right quick clarification. Both of us will enter together and validate the visa but she plans to go back to work in Dubai. While I stay back in Perth and get things sorted in terms job income et al. The question was whether this can cause any problems.
Don't see an issue with the plan. Her visa would be then valid for 5 years from the date of grant. She might have to wait a bit longer than you to qualify if you are planning for Oz citizenship in the future.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Don't see an issue with the plan. Her visa would be then valid for 5 years from the date of grant. She might have to wait a bit longer than you to qualify if you are planning for Oz citizenship in the future.
Yes she will spend 3 years on the visa and then an additional year before she can get the citizenship. but we wanted to be sure there would be issues with the plan before we went through with it

·
Registered
177 Posts
As for living in the sponsored state for the first two years, this has been discussed on so many forums so let me clear this.

It is a MORAL obligation for one to live in the sponsored state after arriving there but it is not a legal obligation. If you'll not follow this obligation, you will not have any problems when applying for citizenship..

for the people who are saying that one has to live in the sponsored state, please please don't mislead people if you don't have much knowledge about it.

G

·
Given that someone would not qualify for citizenship for 4 years it is not misleading to say they could bring in changes which they have talked about to enforce the requirement which could effect people who have yet to be granted PR or citizenship.
They change the rules all the time which effects people in the process of gathering their evidence to apply just as they are this July.

·
Registered
177 Posts
you never know what they would bring but we are talking about the laws which are in place today...

and after all we are not those who look through in the future :)

G

·
You are quite right, non of us are fortune tellers but given the reason we are all doing all of this is for the future of ourselves and our family I think it is only wise to consider what may be as well as what is now so as not to make it all a huge waste of time and money.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.