Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For my previous passport information, I have located all old passports except for one. I have my 3 most recent passports, dating back to 2006. However, I cannot locate the one issued before that. The application requests only the past 10 years of passport and travel history, and the only stamp on the lost passport is for a 2003 trip (more than 10 years ago). If I write a note as follows in the "additional information" section, will that be sufficient?

"I have a previously held passport which I cannot locate. I cannot recall the date of issue, but it was surrendered and canceled upon issuance of my 2006 passport. The lost passport was held in the name BIRTH NAME, and the subsequent passport was issued 20 June 2006 under the name MARRIED NAME, a change due to marriage. The only stamp present in the lost passport was for travel to Mexico in January 2003."

I don't have any photos copies or forms/emails which would contain the passport number, so I can't even fill out the section and indicate it was 'lost/stolen'.

Thank you.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Any advice? I called the passport office and they won't report it as lost, as it's a canceled passport and it was so long ago (even though I've just realized it's missing). Will my statement above, provided under Additional Information, suffice?

Thank you.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.