Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Deal all expats,
Am sankar rao. I am a member in EF since 2008. Last time when i started processing for australia, i got each n every information required for process from all u and i found Ef very helpful in expats sharing info saving lot of time. Thanks for the mentors.

I started processing in mid 2008 and i completed ACS too. But later due to personal reasons did not continue actual process.

Now am planning to move to australia again. I notice lot of changes n rules and the way need process.

The good part is, last time when i applied for ACS dont have online facility. I think i can apply online too instead sending bulky file to oz by post..

Now my question is.
Do i need to start processing from ACS or i can use the last time acs results.?

Thanks for your help in advance.

Cheers
Sankar

·
Registered
3,763 Posts
Hi Sankar,

unfortunately your ACS result letter is only valid for two years. If you are going for a points-tested visa (189/190/489) you should also consider that only work experience in the last 10 years can be used to claim points (although ACS will consider everything to calculate your "skilled" date). If you get re-assessed, submit reference letters for your most recent employment as well.

More information: ACS Skills Assessment Guidelines.

The DIBP SkillSelect page also sums up the visa options for skilled workers nicely and is a great place to re-familiarize yourself with the new processes.

All the best,
Monika

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Hi Monika,
Thanks for your reply. Last time when i applied, i did it foe SIM, subclass 175. Now it seems its no more.

As u suggested i can go for either of 189/190/489.

Am still not sure which one will be suitable to me. I have relative staying there, he pr there.
Relation: my direct cousine's, brother in law. So he is brother in law to me too. Not if i can take his sponcer ship.

And i can apply for ACS online also now.. am i right ?no need to send by post..

Is there any benefit if i attach or give reference to my last ACS results copy.

Also i am now staying in singapore, not sure how can i get all my paper work done here. Last time for ACS itself i had to do lot of processing. Here its expensive also in singapore compared to India.

Cheers
Sankar

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi Sankar,

unfortunately your ACS result letter is only valid for two years. If you are going for a points-tested visa (189/190/489) you should also consider that only work experience in the last 10 years can be used to claim points (although ACS will consider everything to calculate your "skilled" date). If you get re-assessed, submit reference letters for your most recent employment as well.

More information: ACS Skills Assessment Guidelines.

The DIBP SkillSelect page also sums up the visa options for skilled workers nicely and is a great place to re-familiarize yourself with the new processes.

All the best,
Monika
Hi Monika,

Could you pls suggest on this.
November 2008 i have completed acs.
Now when i apply to acs for re assessment, do i need to submit all docs that i submitted for my first acs. Or
I can send my acs result copy with latest work experience letters n marriage letters will do....?

Pls share any info if u have any idea. Can i enquire about this with acs support team...?

Cheers
Sankar

·
Registered
177 Posts
I think you have to start the ACS process from scratch. Hence you need to submit all your documents again.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I think you have to start the ACS process from scratch. Hence you need to submit all your documents again.
Hi Mack,

Thanks for the reply. But i see something called "re-validation" from acs site. I attached here. And i even logged in to acs with my old id/pwd details and i can see my information.

Do i need to check with acs people directly..?

Cheers
Sankar

ForumRunner_20131019_082648.jpg

·
Registered
177 Posts
Perhaps there is a different procedure for re-evaluation.. I am not sure about it. I applied for ACS in Jun, received rejection in Oct. Reapplied again in Sept.
Logged in using the login/passwd, reloaded the new reference letter. All the other documents where already there, so no change there. submitted acs, received new login / passwd.
I did not give them my old ACS.

what about your experience from 2008 onwards...

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Perhaps there is a different procedure for re-evaluation.. I am not sure about it. I applied for ACS in Jun, received rejection in Oct. Reapplied again in Sept.
Logged in using the login/passwd, reloaded the new reference letter. All the other documents where already there, so no change there. submitted acs, received new login / passwd.
I did not give them my old ACS.

what about your experience from 2008 onwards...
Yeah Mack, 2008 onwards below are changes feom my side:
1. Married, no kids yet
2. Same domain work experience
3. Resent 3+ years am in singapore working.
So last time when i applied to acs i have 4+ years of experience , now it will be 9+ years.

I am thinking can go for revalidation for acs part...

·
Registered
177 Posts
Checked the pdf. Its the same process of linking to the old application. The only point you should get clarified is

Please note: if the previous skills assessment application
was received before 1 July 2010, a new skills assessment application is required.
I think it doesn't matter. They would have all the documents required for a new report as well. Additionally, linking to the previous application does not reduce processing time or fee.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Checked the pdf. Its the same process of linking to the old application. The only point you should get clarified is
Thanks mack. Now u really scared me, if i have to do from scratch for acs, i die.. there r hell lot of things to submit, last time also i had put lot of efforts.. and on top of it now am not in my home town also to get the things done...

I dont know how am going to make it this time. Pls some one suggest if i can refer previous acs results n submit recents chages after previous acs...

I crie if it has to be from scratch....

·
Registered
177 Posts
you will require the same documents as before...
For ACS there are not many documents.. if i remember correctly:
- Passport
- Degree
- Transcripts
- Major Letter (if you have one)
- CV (I think it is optional)
- Job Description letters

All should be certified true copies except for CV.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
you will require the same documents as before...
For ACS there are not many documents.. if i remember correctly:
- Passport
- Degree
- Transcripts
- Major Letter (if you have one)
- CV (I think it is optional)
- Job Description letters

All should be certified true copies except for CV.
Yeah mack, last time all together i made big file and sent it across by post.... the thing i have to find that file now... then it will be easy for me... other wise i wil be in soup..

Let me start with the things...

·
Registered
3,763 Posts
Hi Sankar,

according to the ACS Skills Assessment Wizard you have to submit a new application because your previous skills application received by the ACS before 1 July 2010. The occupation codes have also changed (ASCO --> ANZSCO, see descriptions and equivalences), so the assessor really has to look through your documentation again.

This means you have to submit a complete (new) application with all documents. Did you not keep the (originals of) the old reference letters? That's one of the reasons why it's a good idea to submit certified copies only...

By the way: The forum rules state that you should try to write in "standard" English and not abbreviations (like text speak). Many of us are non-native speakers and text speak makes it much more difficult to understand each other ;).

All the best,
Monika

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Hi Sankar,

according to the ACS Skills Assessment Wizard you have to submit a new application because your previous skills application received by the ACS before 1 July 2010. The occupation codes have also changed (ASCO --> ANZSCO, see descriptions and equivalences), so the assessor really has to look through your documentation again.

This means you have to submit a complete (new) application with all documents. Did you not keep the (originals of) the old reference letters? That's one of the reasons why it's a good idea to submit certified copies only...

By the way: The forum rules state that you should try to write in "standard" English and not abbreviations (like text speak). Many of us are non-native speakers and text speak makes it much more difficult to understand each other ;).

All the best,
Monika
Alright got it monika. Thanks for the info.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts